Vive Business Streaming 1.03.4 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software 1.03.4 – Beta Release Notes
Released July 28th 2021

VBS Console – 1.03.4

• Improved performance and stability
  • Direct to VBS tech Forum from clicking the version number on VBS console
    Welcome to raise any issues and suggestions on the forum

VBS Client – 1.0.4 (update through Vive Business App Store)

• Fixed a bug where virtual boundary could show up unexpectedly after resume
  • Like 2

So far so good, SteamVR was a little crashy on my two first attempts at running it but it stablized after forcing everything to halt and restarting it. I am noticing maybe more chop/judder when moving forward and back (while wifi streaming) to the point in games like Eleven ping pong I have to stay stationary or it starts making the experience uncomfortable. If I stay still and only turn my head and move my arms, everything is performing very well on a 5 Ghz/877 Mpbs wifi connection. I thought maybe it was just Eleven but Half-Life: Alyx was experiencing the same "chop." I tried to capture it as I was playing but I won't be able to check it out until tomorrow.

Otherwise, things seem to be continuing to improve! Thanks to the team.

I experienced significant frame loss (VBS Console showed error code 601 "dropped frames"). In headset, the dropped frames were very common (maybe every 5 to 15 seconds or so). I tried various bitrates and quality settings, but to no avail. It feels like there was no smoothing at all during the dropped frame interval and it was very jarring and honestly not suitable for long term use. In between dropped frames, things felt considerably smoother than before though, so if you can somehow manage to achieve this level of performance without the frame dropping issue, that would be really nice. I opted out of the beta for now, and immediately noticed how it felt a bit 'swimmier'. Looking forward to the next update!

23 hours ago, ShadowBrain said:

Haven't tried it yet but did check to see if you've raised the bitrate cap yet- it's still capped at 100 mbps!

Please let me use more of my available bandwidth to improve the image quality 🙏

Nope.. Still 100 tops

Hi all,

is there any information about whether the bit rate will be increased? Or will compression be used in the future to improve the image? currently the picture does not look like the specified 2048x2048

4 hours ago, viwolf said:

Hi all,

is there any information about whether the bit rate will be increased? Or will compression be used in the future to improve the image? currently the picture does not look like the specified 2048x2048

No news that I've heard of yet, but hoping this is high on the priority list! Although if ggodin can get Virtual Desktop on here I'd be stoked with that too 🙂