New VP2 Resolution issue

Guy1984

Hi i was wondering if someone had this issue and can shed some light.

I bought the VP2 today, coming from a mixed VR of knuckles and Reverb G2.

People saying the VP2 is clearer / exactly the same as G2 in terms of clarity/graphics, but i just don't see it!

The G2 seems WAY more clear then the VP2, something in my resolution is not working, i tried every trick in the book. adjusting my straps, my HMD, lens distance and IPD, changed resolutions both in vive software and in steam. (150% in steam and Ultra in Vive) i also reformatted the PC to eliminate bad drivers left overs from previous setups. but for the life of me, the G2 is much clearer then the Vive! am i missing something?

My setup:

* 10900K Core i9

* RTX 2080 (Original)

* The DP cable is the one that came with the package.

6 hours ago, John2910 said:

I had the hp g2 also,The G2 is just alot sharper and clearer then the vive pro 2..

You cant do nothing about that..

This is a resolution issue as its not a "slightly" better situation, its overwhelmingly different. and from what i hear from others, its supposed to look as crisp and sharp as the G2.

i have a index level resolution with the Vive Pro 2. steam reports 2348X2348 resolution on 150%. something is just not working correctly.

Edited by Guy1984

I Did, the resolution in the console is at maximum (ultra). yet Steamvr reports 2348X2348. for comparison if i hook the G2 instead, Steamvr reports 3864X3780 in 150%. there's definetly something disturbing the vive to go full res.

Make sure resolution in the Vive Console is set to fixed rather than auto.

Make sure HAGS in Windows 10 is disabled.

Steam VR reports my resolution as 150% which is around 4k per eye.

Edited by dburne

1 minute ago, dburne said:

Make sure resolution in the Vive Console is set to fixed rather than auto.

Make sure HAGS in Windows 10 is disabled.

Steam VR reports my resolution as 150% which is around 4k per eye.

It is on Fixed with Ultra/Extreme. 

HAGS is off, but no matter what SS i set in Steam, the picture dose not change. vive support suspects the cable.

Just now, Guy1984 said:

It is on Fixed with Ultra/Extreme. 

HAGS is off, but no matter what SS i set in Steam, the picture dose not change. vive support suspects the cable.

Ah ok yeah something is definitely amiss there.

• 4 weeks later...

That's the HMD you have bought. The Pro 2 is not as "clear" and "sharp" as the G2.

The correct resolution in Vive Console is fixed Ultra and in SteamVR fixed 3672x3672. You have to multiply the display resolution (2448) by 1.5.

But further than that there is nothing. Send it back.