Mirroring game and microphone linking

hmacaroni

I would say your are wasting money on a 4k screen. The picture might look good but it does not add anything to the experiance. especially VR games. i have had people watch me play and ask what the fuss is about because watching VR on any screen is flat and boring. Its when the player put on the HMD thats what makes it. 

Hey 

I'd echo what  says here about the monitor - you won't see any significant difference with 4K, and in fact that might be a pretty big performance hit for the PC as well (having to output VR as well as the 4K screen). Stick with the usual 1080 HD.

As for the mic idea, it's not something directly supported in SteamVR as far as I know, but there are options. For example, you might want to look into a VoIP chat client like Teamspeak or Discord. With Teamspeak you can set up a local channel, run the client on the PCs, and then speak to folk (and potentially have them speak back) via the headphones and built-in HMD mic. Bear in mind it may interfere with apps that utilize the microphone.

hi , thanks for the input,definitely going 1080 identifies a nice one at a real good price :)

If I get a workaround on the mic I will share.

Nearing unveiling day, had to work out small issue when I tried to fit a hdmi splitter to mirror gameplay on TV but the headset didnt like it.Luckily my laptop had a mini display port so via an adaptor managed to get it.

Archived