What is going on ?

I contacted HTC for the vertical lines issue (I've sent pictures) they said that this isn't supposed to happen and I need to return it immediately and that's what I did.

But seeing feedback from people returning their headset on this forum for the exact same issue and getting back their headset with a label : no faulty hardware /issues found is really frustrating. 

I just hope it's gonna be a different story for me but still... how is this even possible ?

-I see that this very mentioned issue is being ignored on the main vive forum. 

But having people to say that they don't get a replacement only a refund or just refuse to do anything or telling anything about this issue is just really weird to me.

No words on a potential fix ? Why ?

No words if it's a hardware issue ? Why ?

No words if every headsets has this issue ? Why ?

I thought HTC were passionate people and they do amazing stuff but I don't understand why this issue is being ignored so hard and so confusingly. 

I like the device and I want a this to be with no screen door effect as mentioned... atleast tease us with an update telling that you're working on a fix but still nothing.

I still don't know if I'm gonna get a replacement or not (audio buzz issue + faint vertical lines)

I know the pressure that you guys can get, but atleast something we can get some hopes on.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, GAMEDRIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX said:

I contacted HTC for the vertical lines issue (I've sent pictures) they said that this isn't supposed to happen and I need to return it immediately and that's what I did.

But seeing feedback from people returning their headset on this forum for the exact same issue and getting back their headset with a label : no faulty hardware /issues found is really frustrating. 

I just hope it's gonna be a different story for me but still... how is this even possible ?

-I see that this very mentioned issue is being ignored on the main vive forum. 

But having people to say that they don't get a replacement only a refund or just refuse to do anything or telling anything about this issue is just really weird to me.

No words on a potential fix ? Why ?

No words if it's a hardware issue ? Why ?

No words if every headsets has this issue ? Why ?

I thought HTC were passionate people and they do amazing stuff but I don't understand why this issue is being ignored so hard and so confusingly. 

I like the device and I want a this to be with no screen door effect as mentioned... atleast tease us with an update telling that you're working on a fix but still nothing.

I still don't know if I'm gonna get a replacement or not (audio buzz issue + faint vertical lines)

I know the pressure that you guys can get, but atleast something we can get some hopes on.

Cheers.

any update?you got your headset back?

I think I can safely say every headset does not have that issue.

I have had mine since June 11th and have many hours in with it - I use it pretty much daily mostly in flight sims. So far so good on my end, but I do keep fingers crossed. I did do a play through with Half Life Alyx and Medal of Honor Above and Beyond with it as well.

I hope for you that are having the issue HTC does right by you and gets your units replaced. 

I would note I can not say on the audio buzz as I do not use the VP2 audio. I prefer earbuds through my Creative sound. But visually I am not having any issue so far.

Edited by dburne

4 hours ago, dburne said:

I think I can safely say every headset does not have that issue.

I have had mine since June 11th and have many hours in with it - I use it pretty much daily mostly in flight sims. So far so good on my end, but I do keep fingers crossed. I did do a play through with Half Life Alyx and Medal of Honor Above and Beyond with it as well.

I hope for you that are having the issue HTC does right by you and gets your units replaced. 

I would note I can not say on the audio buzz as I do not use the VP2 audio. I prefer earbuds through my Creative sound. But visually I am not having any issue so far.

focus on something mostly at a distance and sligthly move your head,do you see some vertical screen door effect the image looks pixelated for a split second?alot of people might not notice it,i didnt for 2 weeks or my vp2 got faulty after 2 weeks idk.

In my opinion, you are not sensitive to this issue. Do not expect very large vertical lines but tiny ones, easier to detect on a uniform background (and when moving the head).

Similarly, many users were satisfied with the wireless adapter (on the VP1) because they were not sensitive to the subtle loss of image quality (I did not test it on my VP2).

I am pretty sure that all VP2 headsets have this "vertical lines" issue and that is why HTC is silent.

6 minutes ago, Aragorn 76 said:

I am pretty sure that all VP2 headsets have this "vertical lines" issue and that is why HTC is silent.

Yes, it is a hardware problem of every LCD, but HTC does not have it under control.

I have had 2 HTC Vive Pro 2 headsets and 1 HTC Vive Focus 3. I can see this problem on all 3 headsets more or less.

I have returned the other HTC Vive Pro 2 and the HTC Vive Focus 3, they are already refunded.

I have only a problem with return and refunding the headset, which i directly bought from HTC.

The HTC Vive Focus 3 has a big advantage over the VP2, you would not hear any static noise of the speakers, the fan is much to loud:-(

42 minutes ago, Franky2021 said:

Yes, it is a hardware problem of every LCD, but HTC does not have it under control.

I have had 2 HTC Vive Pro 2 headsets and 1 HTC Vive Focus 3. I can see this problem on all 3 headsets more or less.

I have returned the other HTC Vive Pro 2 and the HTC Vive Focus 3, they are already refunded.

I have only a problem with return and refunding the headset, which i directly bought from HTC.

The HTC Vive Focus 3 has a big advantage over the VP2, you would not hear any static noise of the speakers, the fan is much to loud:-(

yeah im pretty sure all vive pro 2 has it but only those with good eyesight can see it,if you bought 3 and all of them had it its definetly universal with this lcd panel,i didnt notice it for 2 weeks and then suddenly its very obvious,htc know this thats why they ignoring us,luckily i bought from amazon and i can return it for an entire month wich is good from amazon and i dont have to deal with htc refund support,do you have the pimax 8kx im thinking getting that one even if it has it it might not be as noticeable as vive pro 2

9 hours ago, jackie brown said:

focus on something mostly at a distance and sligthly move your head,do you see some vertical screen door effect the image looks pixelated for a split second?alot of people might not notice it,i didnt for 2 weeks or my vp2 got faulty after 2 weeks idk.

Not that I can see. Or it is there and I do not notice, in which case then it does not bother me.