Focus 3 - OpenXR support status?

jefmes

On 11/10/2021 at 5:14 PM, fuzzybear3965 said:

Hey, @HackPerception @Tony PH Lin @C.T., any updates to share on this as Q4 draws to a close?

On 11/18/2021 at 10:51 PM, jefmes said:

*nudge nudge*

We would like to nudge nudge the nudgings further, also waiting on OpenXR implementation news / timeline to make some decisions on which hardware to choose for roll-out of some of our projects.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dario @Alex_HTC
I have been assigned to port an existing project over to the Vive Focus 3 that includes hand tracking. I see throughout the discussion that Open XR support is pending and currently not possible. When can Open XR support be expected? (I am also nudging 🙂 )

In addition, I have been able to implement the Wave VR hands in my project, but can't find any documentation on how to work with interactivity, outside of the 1 hand example. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or a clear write up on making objects grabbable and clickable with Wave VR?

Also, can Wave VR be configured to work with MRTK?

Please see OpenXR early access application form in pinned thread - please see the VIU cross platform toolkit for a good example of hand tracking - over on the openxr forum here on forum.vive.com please see the hand tracking extension sample demo (PC - but should work similarly once avail on Android).  Yes MRTK can be used (it's been done before and no reason why you can't do it as well).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...