Jump to content

(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jackie brown said:

im glad for you,keep in mind i didnt notice it on my vive pro 2 for 2 weeks,so maybe it started suddenly,because i would have definetly seen the inversion in those first 2 weeks if it was present,mine was so bad it felt like a vertical mosquito net only when moving so im 100% it started randomly or maybe the last update fixed it idk i returned mine.i hope it doesnt happen again for you,its a bitch to not have an option to simply adjust it,the fix is so simple it could be a slider in the software menu.

It is entirely possible that I didn’t have it initially on my first unit either. But the fact that I didn’t “see” it until I read a post and went looking for it (at which point it became obvious) suggests that I may have just been initially blind to it like the old Charlie Brown cartoon where Linus suddenly notices his tongue and then can’t unfeel it. In a quick bit of research on “pixel inversion” in monitors, it does seem common for folks not to notice it–until they do and then can’t unnotice it. Kind of like in the old days when the default 60Hz refresh rate of CRT monitors started driving me crazy after someone “fixed” my monitor and I saw the difference. After that I couldn’t go near one of those flickering monitors without uping its refresh rate. Anyway, over the remainder of my 30 day return period I will be testing for this regularly after every change I make, so that if it returns, it should be easy to determine whether it just happens randomly or if there there is something more specific that causes it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple days later and still good. And this is after having accidentally left the distribution box turned on overnight, and after turning off auto-brightness (the new brightness slider in SteamVR is a nice addition). Still no black lines.  So far so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gildahl said:

A couple days later and still good. And this is after having accidentally left the distribution box turned on overnight, and after turning off auto-brightness (the new brightness slider in SteamVR is a nice addition). Still no black lines.  So far so good.

I will have to check the brightness adjustment out. Great to hear your new headset is still rockin good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gildahl said:

A couple days later and still good. And this is after having accidentally left the distribution box turned on overnight, and after turning off auto-brightness (the new brightness slider in SteamVR is a nice addition). Still no black lines.  So far so good.

 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:37 PM, Gildahl said:

It is entirely possible that I didn’t have it initially on my first unit either. But the fact that I didn’t “see” it until I read a post and went looking for it (at which point it became obvious) suggests that I may have just been initially blind to it like the old Charlie Brown cartoon where Linus suddenly notices his tongue and then can’t unfeel it. In a quick bit of research on “pixel inversion” in monitors, it does seem common for folks not to notice it–until they do and then can’t unnotice it. Kind of like in the old days when the default 60Hz refresh rate of CRT monitors started driving me crazy after someone “fixed” my monitor and I saw the difference. After that I couldn’t go near one of those flickering monitors without uping its refresh rate. Anyway, over the remainder of my 30 day return period I will be testing for this regularly after every change I make, so that if it returns, it should be easy to determine whether it just happens randomly or if there there is something more specific that causes it.

nah,its definetly not "normal" because i tested with this tool pimax support gave me for the 8kx,if i go to the bottom ends of "flicks" thats how they call it i can literally get it to how my vive pro 2 was,exactly the same but horizontally due to how the 8kx panels are alligned,same exact thing only with movement,but if i adjust i eventually allign the pixels or whatever happens and the lines turn from black lines like a mosquito net to invisible and looks perfect movement or not the image is cristal clear feels like playing with fire lol i was sometimes afraid it will remain stuck on like "vive pro 2" mode :)))) but its not the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jackie brown said:

 

nah,its definetly not "normal" because i tested with this tool pimax support gave me for the 8kx,if i go to the bottom ends of "flicks" thats how they call it i can literally get it to how my vive pro 2 was,exactly the same but horizontally due to how the 8kx panels are alligned,same exact thing only with movement,but if i adjust i eventually allign the pixels or whatever happens and the lines turn from black lines like a mosquito net to invisible and looks perfect movement or not the image is cristal clear feels like playing with fire lol i was sometimes afraid it will remain stuck on like "vive pro 2" mode :)))) but its not the case.

Well, sounds like a calibration problem then.  I don't know if HTC is calibrating their units better now or if it was just luck-of-the-draw that got me a new unit without this problem, but either way a similar tool is going to be needed for the VP2 if units continue to go out like this or if it is something that can be induced after using it for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Gildahl said:

Well, sounds like a calibration problem then.  I don't know if HTC is calibrating their units better now or if it was just luck-of-the-draw that got me a new unit without this problem, but either way a similar tool is going to be needed for the VP2 if units continue to go out like this or if it is something that can be induced after using it for a while.

Really interesting.. So have they refused to repair your old headset ? Is that why you asked for a refund ?

I'm just astonished by the fact that you bought another headset and the problem is gone now, you are the proof that it's indeed a problem for some headset only.

If you guys experience the same thing you should probably return the headset too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...