(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

Well, I'm with you on the advantages of the 8KX, but keep in mind that the main complaint that every review seems to lead with on the VP2 is that it is outlandishly expensive ($200 more than a G2 kit, for example).  So given that a new 8KX is the full price of a VP2 ($800) more than a G2, it stands to reason that it must be better in every conceivable way.

Edited by Gildahl

5 hours ago, Gildahl said:

Well, I'm with you on the advantages of the 8KX, but keep in mind that the main complaint that every review seems to lead with on the VP2 is that it is outlandishly expensive ($200 more than a G2 kit, for example).  So given that a new 8KX is the full price of a VP2 ($800) more than a G2, it stands to reason that it must be better in every conceivable way.

yeah its way more expensive,for those that dont see the pixel inversion vp2 is a great choice,and the only option for wireless,but no godrays like zero,no heat,the 150 fov and also the biggest reason that made me return the vp2 the dreaded pixel inversion being barely noticeable was well worth the extra 370 euros for me as i dont use wireless.

16 hours ago, jackie brown said:

yeah its way more expensive,for those that dont see the pixel inversion vp2 is a great choice,and the only option for wireless,but no godrays like zero,no heat,the 150 fov and also the biggest reason that made me return the vp2 the dreaded pixel inversion being barely noticeable was well worth the extra 370 euros for me as i dont use wireless.

little update:contactead pimax customer support just to see and in 2 hour Doman Chen from pimax gave me like a debug tool where i use te volume buttons to allign the "flick" probably thats pixel allingment and now it is gone even that 20% of vp2 pixel inversion,now its like 0.the fix is insanely simple buffles my mind why htc doesnt do something like this for their most discussed issue on this forum.

Well, as far as the pixel inversion/black vertical line (or whatever you call it) problem on the VP2 goes, I returned my VP2 because of this a couple weeks ago.  However, a few days ago--on the off chance that this was a unit defect--I went out on a limb and ordered a new one thinking that perhaps this was a defect in my unit.  Well, lo and behold, this new one has absolutely no trace of the problem.  Yup, the screen is completely clean when moving my head, which seems to confirm that it really is a per-unit defect.  Now I've only tested for a few hours so far, but believe me, I know what the problem looks like and how to duplicate it and it is simply not present on this unit.  I've even gone ahead and updated the Vive Console software and firmware; so unless a fix was introduced in the last couple weeks, I can totally confirm that this is not and should not be regarded as normal on the VP2.  In fact, the screen is so clear now when I move my head, that its almost like a different panel! 

Edited by Gildahl
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, jackie brown said:

little update:contactead pimax customer support just to see and in 2 hour Doman Chen from pimax gave me like a debug tool where i use te volume buttons to allign the "flick" probably thats pixel allingment and now it is gone even that 20% of vp2 pixel inversion,now its like 0.the fix is insanely simple buffles my mind why htc doesnt do something like this for their most discussed issue on this forum.

i got the files now too from pimax,does the firmware with they send with the tool does also still support the 90hz?

3 hours ago, cees said:

i got the files now too from pimax,does the firmware with they send with the tool does also still support the 90hz?

yes i actually didnt have 90hz in native before i was using the basic firmware,but after he gave me the update i got 90hz too.

im glad for you,keep in mind i didnt notice it on my vive pro 2 for 2 weeks,so maybe it started suddenly,because i would have definetly seen the inversion in those first 2 weeks if it was present,mine was so bad it felt like a vertical mosquito net only when moving so im 100% it started randomly or maybe the last update fixed it idk i returned mine.i hope it doesnt happen again for you,its a bitch to not have an option to simply adjust it,the fix is so simple it could be a slider in the software menu.