(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

exactly this either it was always there and i just noticed because im playing a ALOT on my vp2 or idk,now the pixels just jump in my sight all the time,and i can literally swear it wasnt there this pixel inversion or column missalingment,looks like a rift s sde with the sharper text HTC please FIX IT asap

@dburne don't you notice any pixel inversion ? I thought that some people cound't see it but now I know some people have good units cause I have them really pronounced on the left panel. On the right it's actually all right, If it was the same on the left I would just keep the headset.

7 hours ago, GAMEDRIX said:

@dburne don't you notice any pixel inversion ? I thought that some people cound't see it but now I know some people have good units cause I have them really pronounced on the left panel. On the right it's actually all right, If it was the same on the left I would just keep the headset.

Certainly not that I have noticed anyway.

13 hours ago, GAMEDRIX said:

@Raging Beard How did you not get a replacement ? That's crazy... Did you send it back for them to tell you that ? 

I haven't returned it yet, but support told me by email the only option currently is a refund. I asked how much longer I can keep it and still return for a refund, and they said the return ticket and label are valid for 75 days. So I may just order another, but I'm waiting to hear back regarding a code to get my original £60 off again... not holding my breath.

Same issue here,atrocious vertical SDE with the slightest movement,i didnt had it before i was quite enjoying my vp2 and getting used to the glare and godrays,and now this all of a sudden,its even worse because you cant get used to it,when you stay still the image looks perfect but at soon as you move the sde pops up into your face its hideous,makes the 5k screen looking like DK2 from 2014,at least you could get used to DK2

On 7/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, John2910 said:

I have the same problems.

When you move your head you see scanlines and the picture looks to much pixelated.

I think its a hardware defect..

But when i first got the headset i didnt have that...

I'm returning the headset this morning, I'll be the only one who will know for sure if it was a hardware issue or not. I have perfect vision so this kind of artifact are really noticeable to me. Just stay tuned to the topic.

(Returning wil cost me money because I live on an island(french department) and need to send it back to France) 😕

If I'm getting a replacement and still having the same issue I'll make a video about it, If it doesn't I would still make a video about it. In both cases it sucks.

I'll keep you guys in touch.

Edited by GAMEDRIX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GAMEDRIX said:

I'm returning the headset this morning, I'll be the only one who will know for sure if it was a hardware issue or not. I have perfect vision so this kind of artifact are really noticeable to me. Just stay tuned to the topic.

(Returning wil cost me money because I live on an island(french department) and need to send it back to France) 😕

If I'm getting a replacement and still having the same issue I'll make a video about it, If it doesn't I would still make a video about it. In both cases it sucks.

I'll keep you guys in touch.

yeah let us know,i dont want to return because what else i can get?i love the fov i loved the colors and the resolution was perfect for about 2 weeks,idk why it started doing this column inversion with movement,i have 1 month window to return hope you get it soon.