(BE AWARE)I'm also experiencing vertical lines with head movement

GAMEDRIX

I know I would probably not get any answer as I tried my best. But this needs to be addressed in some way so people are aware.

Having a vive pro 2 if you think it has issues is really frustrating to deal with, not that the customer service is bad but just confusing. I told them the issue I was having with the head movement at first I got all the bunch of turn off and turn back on the link box, look if you have the last firmware/software update... wow.. ok I understand the procedure but I had to explain really in detail so they could understand that I've already tried everything having two computers there could not be any error in this part.

What's really hard to understand is how many people are experiencing this ? And I really would want anyone who sees this post to answer because it really seems like some people have the issue and some don't but that could also mean that some see them and some other don't because it's a subtle "scan line" type of artifact.

If only a portion of us gets them well it's unfortunately due to a probable hardware failure. I contacted htc the first time they've helped me out and told me that the vertical lines is a known issue but not quite like I was describing "only occurring with head movement and very subtle" but eventually they've told me to return it so they can inspect the headset, I think that's gonna happen.

It can also be a normal behavior of lcd panels in general, I heard multiple stories before that especially the valve index and some other lcd headsets... maybe a bad calibration or as some said pixel inversion, a misalignment of refresh rate and current can also be the reason.

But guess what ?  Impossible to know if it is hardware or not, if a future software/firmware could fix it. Nothing. They don't say it, they say it's an issue they need to fix and in the other hand they told me you can still return it. WTH. Just tell me what to do, I spent 800€ to have a better experience in VR not to regret and dislike a company that I've used to cherish.

Guys really do something, people experiencing this just tell me what have been done in your side and what you think is gonna happen next.

I used to love the original htc vive and I still prefer it over the vive pro 2 just because of these issues, I literally were happy to go back the my og vive it's crazy....

Edited by GAMEDRIX

@John2910

So it happened since the last firmware update ? I can't tell cause I got the headset very recently, 12th of this month.

Maybe a future firmware will fix it as it did for the valve index but I frankly doubt it because it seems like the devs are done on this headset... No updates on soft/firm since june 23th. 

I noticed recently that It's more pronounced of the left panel which can't be a firware or software issue.

I just prepared the vive to be shipped back to the ressellers to deal with htc if it still has the same issue with another unit I mean......... I might just ask for a refund.. It's unacceptable at this point, It's killing immersion for me, with this issue even the og vive is much more immersive, when I close my left eye as the right panel the vertical lines are much fainted I can see the crazy potential, the resolution is mind blowing but only when it has no issues.

Guys, at this price it's not normal to have these issues.. I don't mind the headphones or mic but dang or even the fact that the headset is cooking my forhead....

I bought the headset only for one thing, you had one job, just one....

I still encourage people at htc and it's devs to keep on doing their stuff, they are still doing great things, this headset could've been so much better If they took the time, sorry to say what I'm gonna say but that's how I feel it is, the headset really feels rushed. 

A premium product is supposed to feel premium on first impression just like the original vive was at his time not having so many flaws and breaks.

I really hope to see a shiny little firmware update fix just before I'm returning the headset. 

What could've been done is to have access to all firmware, especially the one that alot claimed that it didn't have any column misalignment and the same for the software. 

Also a little bit more choice in the resolution settings, having more refresh rate options/resolution could make the existence of the software a real joy instead of a caveat.

Edited by GAMEDRIX

I have made numerous posts about this issue here, on Reddit, and Steam.

On one here on this forum, they did eventually respond saying they are aware and have been working on it since day one. I even clarified that they were specifically talking about this issue, that being vertical lines with head movement, and not other reported lines.

Other than that though, no communication from them at all if a fix is ever possible, let alone any kind of timeline.

8 hours ago, John2910 said:

Still no news for this issue??

what, you think htc will actually make their product functional for their many high-paying customers? HAH! they're nothing more than some scam, sucking up to businesses. I say this with full confidence, as I own the unbelievably awful cosmos elite. Very possibly the worst purchase of my entire life.

I'm still the same person, The website is glitchy and I can't sign in with steam anymore.

So I'm returning the headset this thursday, so you'll know what to do, I guess someone has to do it ? I really hope it's not a spread disease tho.

I just noticed by closing my right eye that the left panel is worse than the right one and the right panel it's almost invisible.... So .. it really feels like a hardware failure. Dudes it's an 800€ headset.

I do support the HTC team, But if I get another broken headset I might just get a refund and not recommending the headset anymore as I'm going to make a youtube video about it when I'll get my hands on the replacement so guys stay tuned ^^

My headset came with twisted cables, I feel like I got a headset which had a previous RMA.... err

Edited by GAMEDRIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2 hours ago, GAMEDRIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX said:

I'm still the same person, The website is glitchy and I can't sign in with steam anymore.

So I'm returning the headset this thursday, so you'll know what to do, I guess someone has to do it ? I really hope it's not a spread disease tho.

I just noticed by closing my right eye that the left panel is worse than the right one and the right panel it's almost invisible.... So .. it really feels like a hardware failure. Dudes it's an 800€ headset.

I do support the HTC team, But if I get another broken headset I might just get a refund and not recommending the headset anymore as I'm going to make a youtube video about it when I'll get my hands on the replacement so guys stay tuned ^^

My headset came with twisted cables, I feel like I got a headset which had a previous RMA.... err

Hmm yeah that last sentence - not so good. Hopefully your replacement will be a nice new headset.

Edited by dburne