I want to clear my doubts and learn more about VIVE Pro Eye

Hello. I am a student at a Japanese university. I am currently engaged in research activities. I am using VIVE Pro Eye for my research, and I felt I would like to know more about it, so I would like to ask you a question. If anyone knows, please answer me. Thank you very much.

• I once saw an article about estimating the direction vectors of gaze for the left eye, right eye, and both eyes using 'System Origin'. However, I would like to know in more detail how the direction vectors are estimated from 'System Origin'. For example, what data is used for the estimation, and what formulas are used?
  • We are using the SDK within Unity. When writing the script, I first use the "GetEyeData" function in "SRanipal_Eye_API.cs" to get the eye information, and then use the function in "SRanipal_Eye.ce" to get some of the data. I felt that if I could look inside the "GetEyeData" function I could see how it calculates the various eye information, etc. However, since it is a DLL file, I can't refer to it. So, I would like to know what the DLL file contains. Also, if there is a way to view the contents of "GetEyeData", please let me know.
  • As for getting the pupil position, I use "SRanipal_Eye.GetPupilPosition()" to get it. GetPupilPosition()". However, I don't understand why it returns the value even if the eyes are closed. Is this because I am using a 3D eye model? I am also wondering what formula you are using to normalize the value between "-1 and 1".
  • Similar to the question above, this question is about the direction vector of the line of sight. The information here is undetectable when the eyes are closed, but how do you determine when the eyes are closed? Is it related to the size of the pupil?

I have a long question. I'm sorry. But I think I need to know about it to proceed with my research. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. Thank you.

Hi, You should maybe find some answers here:

Or on this search article:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/346058398_Assessing_Saccadic_Eye_Movements_With_Head-Mounted_Display_Virtual_Reality_Technology

Good luck. And if you have again questions, I will try to do a more accuracy answer as I worked also on vive pro eye for my master's degree internship.

10 hours ago, monetl said:

Hi, You should maybe find some answers here:

Or on this search article:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/346058398_Assessing_Saccadic_Eye_Movements_With_Head-Mounted_Display_Virtual_Reality_Technology

Good luck. And if you have again questions, I will try to do a more accuracy answer as I worked also on vive pro eye for my master's degree internship.

Thank you for your reply. I did a quick read of these two articles and they didn't answer all my questions. However, I was able to understand other parts of the article. For example, the positioning of the lens coordinates.
I would like to continue reading the paper in more detail.
Thank you, "monetl", for taking the time to write this article.
I understand that you have done some research using the VIVE Pro Eye, but I have a few questions. May I ask you a few questions in the future if I have any doubts? I'm having trouble finding anyone around me who can answer them.