VIVE Software 2.0.17.2 (Hot-Fix) – Public Release Notes

C.T.

We already contacted the customer support and opened tickets. It is not that simple. The issue appeared just after an update. Everything was fine when we received the headset. A test with the old fimware would be very simple to realize. I am sure that sending back the headset will not change anything. Why some of us do not see these vertical lines is indeed a good question. Maybe a problem with some graphic cards (mine is a RTX 3090) but  I'm not an expert.

Edited by Aragorn 76

1 hour ago, Crazybird said:

Why don't you just contact customer support yourself and ask for a replacement???
Just to be clear, I enjoyed my VP2 without the issue you are seeing.

We have, but it's clearly not a problem our end. Its just like it was with the Index, and after an update. To be honest you may have it but do not notice it, or like many, you just don't have it at all. 

I don't want to needlessly send for replacement if they are going to patch it, if they would just let us know if this is the case or not. 

If we send it back then the next day they announce they are working on a fix, we will needlessly be waiting for weeks. 

It's not too much to ask for a little communication, surely? 

I never had an Index so it is completely new for me.

I found that on Reddit:

"Pixel inversion is caused by a voltage issue of LCD panels. Your mainboard, drivers, CPU etc. are influencing this issue. Valve made a software "Column correction" just for that. Besides the technical influence, it depends on the user, too. How good is the personal eye sight, is the sweet spot found, mind blending it out etc. A friend of mine used my Valve Index and had hard times to see the pixel inversion albeit for me it was really clear to see. Good for you to not see this pattern. It is really distracting."

If it is a voltage issue, it might be both a hardware AND a software/firmware problem. I hope it is reversible.

The vertical line symptom has been under our high priority investigation since day one, and to clear your suspicions - it is not caused by the firmware updates. 
We still recommend to update to the latest SW version to receive up to date improvements. Thanks for your understanding. 

Just now, C.T. said:

The vertical line symptom has been under our high priority investigation since day one, and to clear your suspicions - it is not caused by the firmware updates. 
We still recommend to update to the latest SW version to receive up to date improvements. Thanks for your understanding. 

Hi, that's good to hear. To be clear, you are talking about the pixel lines that show with head movement right, and disappear when still? We aren't talking about the coloured lines that people had originally. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Raging Beard said:

Hi, that's good to hear. To be clear, you are talking about the pixel lines that show with head movement right, and disappear when still? We aren't talking about the coloured lines that people had originally. Thanks.

Yes, we are aware of the symptom.