Youtube VR videos

ChrisD

Hi

Is there are easy way to watch Vr videos from Youtube on the Vive?

Cant seem to watch them. I've tried using Virtual desktop, but I just get a normal chrome screen no 360. I do have 3 monitors does this cause a problem? Odd I can watch them on the Samsung Gear VR but not on the Vive

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Have you had an opportunity to try Vive Video?  Here is the link where you can obtain it:

https://www.viveport.com/apps/4f5f140a-0928-4fcb-8023-93dc212eac17

You may need to copy and paste the link into a new window, but installing this program should enable you to watch YouTube in the VR Environment.  Please let me know if you are able to try it out.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

~Will

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry man, do you know any other sites where I can download VR videos? I have checked YouTube, I download the so called YouTube video with this YouTube downloader as you can see "http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/vdgb-yt-downloader.html" . I transfer it to my VR player while it does not work at all. Are there any codec errors or incompatibility between YouTube VR video and my device?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

Did you use GOM Player?   You can play 360 videos directly from YouTube, without bothering to download them via GOM Player. Simply right-click anywhere on the screen, go to 360-degree VR video play(F6), and then click Playback 360-degree VR video to load a list 360-degree videos available on YouTube. Finally, choose one desired 360 video VR  to play.