Vive Pro 2 headphones buzzing/humming

So i returned my Pro 2 two weeks ago because of this: constant buzzing on both sides of the headphones.

I got an answer by Vive today, telling me that the perceived buzzing/humming noise is "within specification" and will therefore not be fixed and they'll send me the device back.

I'm disappointed by Vive. I really liked the device but this really annoys me. There is nothing you can do about it other that to  accept it or switch to the competition.

11 minutes ago, Thorben0 said:

So i returned my Pro 2 two weeks ago because of this: constant buzzing on both sides of the headphones.

I got an answer by Vive today, telling me that the perceived buzzing/humming noise is "within specification" and will therefore not be fixed and they'll send me the device back.

I'm disappointed by Vive. I really liked the device but this really annoys me. There is nothing you can do about it other that to  accept it or switch to the competition.

Normally I would say I cannot believe the audacity of returning a broken device to a consumer, willfully, Knowing damn well that this buzzing is unacceptable.... All they had to do was swap out your unit with a unit that didn't buzz. Some people genuinely don't notice it or don't care. You obviously cared enough, as did I, to return it and that is how they treat you? Unbelievable, but these days I'll believe it.

Just earlier today I returned mine straight back to Newegg. No restocking fee. Free return label. It sucks though because I'm based in the USA and was able to get this at 730 dollars no tax. 

I was planning on buying it again once the manufacturing line matured, but if they're just moving forward with this flaw then it is probably a deal breaker for me. I guess we will see. I'm not holding my breath. Valve index controllers might have fixed the no click issue on the analog sticks, but even they never fixed the sensor that causes eventual drift on pretty much every unit sold. Who knows these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thorben0 said:

So HTC then please show me your audio specification, I did not see anything in the manual or on your website.

I could only find this on your product page:

„Submerge in high-quality sound.  

Hear VR environments the way they're meant to be heard. With 3D spatial sound integration and a powerful amplifier, the Hi-Res certified headphones deliver immersive soundscapes that will change your world.“

There is no note about an annoying buzzing sound that have to be accepted by your customers.