VIVE Software 2.0.17.3 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

10 minutes ago, tarenstrannik said:

There's a heated debate, so, please, could you tell us who's right.

Question is above: what resolution is transfered through wireless when using vive pro 1 or Cosmos? Is it native resolution for this HMDs, or is it lower, and WiGig is doing some upscaling before sending picture to HMD?

@C.T.

Hmm, VP1 / Cosmos are running native through wireless by default. VP2 will upscale any of the non-native resolutions we provide. Unfortunately, the Wireless Adapter doesn't support DSC and there's not enough bandwidth to support native resolution on VP2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, C.T. said:

@cd75 @Ben06

Have you all still seeing this artifacts after the 2.0.17.2 SW update ?

Yes, I got the gray/pink vertical line like in the picture I posted on 2.0.17.2 AND 2.0.17.3, the last firmware didn't change anything. 

What have changed is leaving the headset disconnected for 2 days and the line have become less bright but are still showing. Hopefully a future firmware update will prevent this damage... and my replacement will not suffer the same issue.. 

7 hours ago, C.T. said:
Hmm, VP1 / Cosmos are running native through wireless by default. VP2 will upscale any of the non-native resolutions we provide. Unfortunately, the Wireless Adapter doesn't support DSC and there's not enough bandwidth to support native resolution on VP2

Thanks mate.  It was all getting a little confusing given the below VP1 res that the VP2 wireless started out with.  So, are there plans for a new wireless system that can take advantage of the VP2 native resolution?  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Goldstandard said:

The good news we are getting 'high' resolution on VP2 now, and when next gen wireless comes out next year it should support native higher resolution thus giving some future-proof elements.

I love your optimism mate.  Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi, i have Problems with the wirless Kit in the High Reselution (3624x1632). When the HMD is Connectet and the Screens Turn on, it disconnects after 2 Seconds in Steam Home.  With Balanced (2448x1224) It works Fine. Is this a known Issue? Any Troubleshooting?