VIVE Software 2.0.17.3 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

Hello,

I got exactly the same screen issue than cd75. I did contact HTC support that replied generic response. I returned it for exchange to my retail store (FNAC in France), still not received the new one. There is many reports of this same issue and no official communication from HTC. I pray to not have same issue with the new one, but it seems wide spread. Very disapointed by HTC.

IMG_20210605_212231.jpg

1 hour ago, Ben06 said:

I pray to not have same issue with the new one, but it seems wide spread. Very disapointed by HTC.

Since there is no communication and no transparency about this widespread issue, I'm really scared that my replacement will do the same... 
Also I don't think it's a coincidence that HTC sent a email to all owner of Vive Pro 2 about turning off the link box when that issue started after the previous vive update. 

I really don't understand why my base station go to sleep but not my expensive vive pro 2 link box. My Vive 1 is going to sleep without any problem.

I suspect that this is the reason of the hardware faillure, probably something overheat in the headset display and permanently break the display. 
Now, what will happen if I forgot to turn off the link box, will I get a broken vive pro 2 headset ?

---->>>>> Why HTC is silent about that ? Clearly we are beeing ignored. 

16 hours ago, DarkSlice said:

Going to ask,

But with the resolution update, does that mean a full resolution of 2880 x 1600 will be available on the Vive Pro 1, currently it's only at 2448 x 1224 on the wireless adapter. @C.T.

This wireless update is not going to effect Vive pro 1 and cosmos series. Display settings is only available for Vive Pro 2 only.  
*Edit: Vive Pro 1 and Cosmos series already run at native resolution over Wireless.

6 hours ago, DarkSlice said:

Thanks @C.T.

Any future plans to change the wireless resolution for Vive Pro 1?

Vive Pro 1 is configured for it's optimal settings currently. I'm afraid we will not have plans in the near future to increase resolution on VP1.

15 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Vive Pro 1 is at it's optimal settings now, I'm afraid we will not have plans in the near future.  

Here I always thought that the VP1 with Vive wireless adapter was transmitting the VP1 native resolution (1440x1600 per eye) at 90Hz.  So basically only the OG Vive native resolution (1080x1200) upscaled for the VP1 to it's native resolution.  Is this correct?  Same for the Cosmos (native 1440x1700)?  Thanks.

Edited by TomCgcmfc

Just now, Goldstandard said:

Hi, I want to use the beta and get the wireless resolution bump but can’t see an ‘advanced’ tab to take part?

can you direct me? Thanks

Please refer to this post, I think are probably fall in to the 2.1.17.2 group, and you can switch to beta via Steam library

There's a heated debate, so, please, could you tell us who's right.

Question is above: what resolution is transfered through wireless when using vive pro 1 or Cosmos? Is it native resolution for this HMDs, or is it lower, and WiGig is doing some upscaling before sending picture to HMD?

@C.T.

• Like 1