Vive Pro 2. Horizontal lines that are 1/2 way across the screens.

So after my first session with the pro 2, I put it up for the night. Come back the next day and there are lines across both HMD displays.   I have tried everything I can find on the forums to fix this.  Turned off gpu scheduling and everything. Running the latest gpu drivers from AMD. I have an RX 580 btw, which ran my OG Vive great and even my brothers Quest 2 fine. The lines are there in every resolution.. You can see them as soon as the screens turn on.. Also the Pro 2 was very hot. like it never turned off at all. I've also uninstalled everything and re-installed, to no avail. If I can't get this fixed it's going back and I'm getting a different HMD. I included a picture through the lens that shows it as best I could.
1034914754_vivelines.png.e075403a0ad256ed96eaa6cc55fbeb7b.png

• Like 1

Reddit and Discord is full of posts with people having display issues after leaving their headsets overnight, wishing we could figure out what is happening.

I've noticed the headset is quite warm while in standby, around 98*F (35*C). That is with steam VR Off, headset status LED dim green.

May be completely unrelated, but still seems warm for a headset that is in standby.

• Like 1

I also have the same issue, a green / purple line appeared a few days after installation covering the bottom half of both headset screens on my 4 HTC Vive Pro 2 headsets.

I contacted HTC support as well, but they still haven't found the problem.
It would seem that we are not alone !

• 2 weeks later...

After letting it sit for a couple of days turned off. My lines went away. I did update the SW version but I don't know if that fixed it or just leaving it off did..  I make sure to turn it off after each use even though it's an extra step that should not be necessary. I never had to turn the power off to my OG Vive.   Just exit vr hang it on the wall mount and go about my business.   I do hope they fix that in the Pro 2.

• 1 year later...

my VR has the same issue tbh when i got this VR i thought it was expensive because its high end but seems not for the amount of money i spent i would expect face and eye tracking built it at least c'mon VIVE take all the Pro 2's back and give up what we signed up for because it was definitely not this spacer.png