Vive Pro 2 - the good and the bad - need help with some issues please

12 hours ago, Dltprm said:

Ah I would have just edited post if I could...spent the last hour with chat trying a few things so I figured I'd document what hasn't worked for me so far. 

1) changed display port

2) changed USB port. 

3) Rolled back Nvidia graphics driver to 27.21.14.6663

4) Reset USB in Vive Console

5) Reset USB in Steam Console

6) Confirmed accelerated GPU scheduling was off

7) unplugged and replugged the headset into linkbox

8 unplugged and replugged linkbox from PC. 

===

I will say resetting the USB has made it better, but if it goes to a gray screen it's still noticeable. although as others have mentioned (as far as I can tell mostly on reddit), it sometimes comes back. So I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'll have my wireless kit then too and see if it replicates there, i've read it may "fix" it. 

Photo was from before fixes. 

565156165_PXL_20210611_012037577-Copy.thumb.jpg.2646d8329630f416aa2530e4b1013e23.jpg

Yeah anything you try will not fix it. The only thing that improves it, is time. I think what triggers this is after 1st use, then leave it a few hours or overnight. Then when you turn your PC on, this is when it triggers the displays to break. If you leave it on for a few hours it gradually fades closer to normal, but still never completely disappears. Hard to see in games, so like my photos above, you need a clear neutral colour and then it is more obvious. HTC Technicians have a lot of submissions of data, so they're looking into it. Now we wait a little to see what they suggest.

There is definitely 2 glaring quality control issues here though... the speakers with a low humming sound and the displays breaking. There's no way they didn't see this during QC testing.