Vive pro 2 You've exceeded the maximum number of monitors and a number of other bugs and issues. Also some impressions.

Message added by C.T.,

With the current NV support, the most monitors you can plug in while using Ultra/Extreme mode is 2, all other modes are 3
If any one have to unplug more monitors than the above limitation, please kindly follow below steps to collect more logs for me.
So that we can clarify the issues with Nvidia ASAP. Much appreciated. 

A set of logs must contain 2 scenarios, 1, a successful connection dumps, and a failed case that doesn't exceed the above limitations 

1. Delete all the subfolders at “Windows\LiveKernelReports
  2. Set the following regkey and reboot the machine:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LiveKernelReports]: "DeleteLiveMiniDumps"=dword:00000000
  3. Press "Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B"
  4. Zip all files inside “Windows\LiveKernelReports.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just posting to add my limited experience with this issue too. I have a 2080Ti, two of my monitors are plugged in via HDMI (2x 1920x1080 60hz)  and one via DP (3440x1440 144hz). I should add that

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

@mgoldb2 Can I have your support to collect NV dump log from you to have further discussion with NV? 

I followed instructions but after pressing Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B it created 2 folders WATCHDOG,WATCHDOG4400 but there are no dump files in the folders.  Both are completely empty.  I also looked at the existing logs before removing them from folder and there was no dmp files since I got the HTC VIVE PRO 2.  last dump file was from back in October 2020.

9 hours ago, mgoldb2 said:

I followed instructions but after pressing Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B it created 2 folders WATCHDOG,WATCHDOG4400 but there are no dump files in the folders.  Both are completely empty.  I also looked at the existing logs before removing them from folder and there was no dmp files since I got the HTC VIVE PRO 2.  last dump file was from back in October 2020.

I added one more step, can you help again?

Set the following regkey and reboot the machine:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LiveKernelReports]: "DeleteLiveMiniDumps"=dword:00000000

An easy trick without unplugging them (or using display settings) is to hit CTRL-P and select PC Screen only.  Once finished, turn off the linkbox and set it back to extend.

Edited by tknice