Vive pro 2 You've exceeded the maximum number of monitors and a number of other bugs and issues. Also some impressions.

Trigen
Message added by C.T.,

With the current NV support, the most monitors you can plug in while using Ultra/Extreme mode is 2, all other modes are 3
If any one have to unplug more monitors than the above limitation, please kindly follow below steps to collect more logs for me.
So that we can clarify the issues with Nvidia ASAP. Much appreciated. 

A set of logs must contain 2 scenarios, 1, a successful connection dumps, and a failed case that doesn't exceed the above limitations 

1. Delete all the subfolders at “Windows\LiveKernelReports
  2. Set the following regkey and reboot the machine:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LiveKernelReports]: "DeleteLiveMiniDumps"=dword:00000000
  3. Press "Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B"
  4. Zip all files inside “Windows\LiveKernelReports.

1 hour ago, C.T. said:

@mgoldb2 Can I have your support to collect NV dump log from you to have further discussion with NV? 

I followed instructions but after pressing Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B it created 2 folders WATCHDOG,WATCHDOG4400 but there are no dump files in the folders.  Both are completely empty.  I also looked at the existing logs before removing them from folder and there was no dmp files since I got the HTC VIVE PRO 2.  last dump file was from back in October 2020.

9 hours ago, mgoldb2 said:

I followed instructions but after pressing Winkey + Ctrl + Shift + B it created 2 folders WATCHDOG,WATCHDOG4400 but there are no dump files in the folders.  Both are completely empty.  I also looked at the existing logs before removing them from folder and there was no dmp files since I got the HTC VIVE PRO 2.  last dump file was from back in October 2020.

I added one more step, can you help again?

Set the following regkey and reboot the machine:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\LiveKernelReports]: "DeleteLiveMiniDumps"=dword:00000000

An easy trick without unplugging them (or using display settings) is to hit CTRL-P and select PC Screen only.  Once finished, turn off the linkbox and set it back to extend.

Edited by tknice

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing a similar issue. The Vive Console will not work unless there is only 1 monitor and the Pro 2 HMD connected. If I connect 2 monitors plus the Pro 2 I get error code 224. It is honestly a pain in the ass. The Cosmos Elite (at full resolution) never gave me this error and ran fine on my RTX 3090 with 3 additional monitors at 4k. I have ran similar high end HMDs with this card with zero issues. If it really is not a software issue, then why wouldn't 2 monitors plus the HMD work? Why am I limited to just 1 monitor and the HMD? 

1 minute ago, brickheart said:

I am experiencing a similar issue. The Vive Console will not work unless there is only 1 monitor and the Pro 2 HMD connected. If I connect 2 monitors plus the Pro 2 I get error code 224. It is honestly a pain in the ass. The Cosmos Elite (at full resolution) never gave me this error and ran fine on my RTX 3090 with 3 additional monitors at 4k. I have ran similar high end HMDs with this card with zero issues. If it really is not a software issue, then why wouldn't 2 monitors plus the HMD work? Why am I limited to just 1 monitor and the HMD? 

Sorry to cause you trouble, but we've sent the logs to NV to investigate the issue already. Still awaiting the answers from them to see how to fix this.

15 hours ago, brickheart said:

Yeah that is strange - I am running a 3090 card with two monitors and Vive Pro 2 connected without any issue.

Hopefully they will get you figured out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I own a display graphics tablet and I'm using it often. As it was mentioned, physically unplugging it is such a chore, so it makes more sense to "Disconnect" the monitor in the display settings. 

As a sidenote, this level of complexity that is added to just using this amazing headset is quite discouraging. HTC, i don't think there is that much of a problem with simply forcibly disabling a couple of monitors. You're already freezing the system on headset disconnect anyways, so that wouldn't amaze anyone anyways. It's a huge quality of life issue you have right here, people have to do additional manipulations just to run the thing. And quite a hefty portion of them, these days multi-monitor setups aren't exactly a novelty.

3080 and three monitors here. Running extreme, have to disconnect one every time.

Edited by MalO