susu

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, susu said:

After updating to the latest version,error in console "H501 : hvr_ERR_interface_loadcore_fail"

Could you try to reinstall the whole package again? 

It sounds like missing file in the system or being block by some other application. if reinstall the package doesn't help, please use the report issue function and leave a trace number here for me. 

Thanks

Plugged in the headset in for the first time last friday (4th June), and it went through some updates, including an update to the headset (not via steam vr). Since then, I'm getting H501: HVR_ERR_Interface_LoadCoreFailed. The last time I had used it (which would have been a couple of weeks prior) were fine. 

I've just reported an issue and it's uploaded logs with trace No : 20210610195259

Just uninstalled and reinstalled for good measures - the setup process recognises the headset, but then once it's finished, the same error appears in the vive console. 

I've also had this pop up when clicking the vive icon in the top right of the viveport software. 

I've also (and frustratingly didn't get a screenshot) of a "this program has stopped responding" window that said the programs name was TODO: <some chinese? characters>. 

Not sure if any of that is helpful. 

image.png

@OriBiggie Hi there, this may be due to the OS incompatibility on Win 7. I'll DM you some workaround to try. Thanks

@susu I haven't received your bug report, but if you can confirm your OS version with me, so I can also DM you the solution?

Edited by C.T.
Merged 501 issue topics

15 minutes ago, OriBiggie said:

@C.T. - I don't know if I'm just being blind but I can't see anywhere on this site where I would view DMs? 

Top right corner is where we typically see DM inbox, but I wasn't sure why your DM isn't enabled. 
Would you mind contacting you via registered email?

20 hours ago, C.T. said:

Top right corner is where we typically see DM inbox, but I wasn't sure why your DM isn't enabled. 
Would you mind contacting you via registered email?

Oh I'm glad it's not just me - that was my starting point - I have notifications up there but nothing that suggests dm. So I looked everywhere else I could think of. 

No problems with via mail, grateful for the assistance. 

2 hours ago, susu said:

I am using Windows 7, is it possible to get an older version from DM?

Sure, but this is just temp solution for you, it is still suggested to upgrade your OS to Win 10. we don't officially support OS other than Win 10.