Vive Pro 2 Discount

I just received this from HTC support :

"We are investigating on the backend why this is failing.  In order to keep you from having to wait needlessly, what I would like to do is offer you this as a workaround to a missing discount code:

1.  This would require that you place the preorder number without the discount.  
2.  You would provide me the order number which I would put on a list
2.  When the orders for the Vive Pro 2 units ship to their new homes, we would revisit the list and go in and manually refund you $50

If you'd like me to set that up for you, please make your order and provide me with the order number.  I will provide you with confirmation once that order number is on the list"

So I just placed my order and emailed them my order number. Just waiting for the confirmation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dre64 said:

"We are investigating on the backend why this is failing.  In order to keep you from having to wait needlessly, what I would like to do is offer you this as a workaround to a missing discount code:

2.  When the orders for the Vive Pro 2 units ship to their new homes, we would revisit the list and go in and manually refund you $50

If you'd like me to set that up for you, please make your order and provide me with the order number.  I will provide you with confirmation once that order number is on the list"

So I just placed my order and emailed them my order number. Just waiting for the confirmation. 

Me too. 

I strongly suspect the discount issue is only happening to non-Americans. 

If you're still having this issue - please post here with your region. I suspect Testgrounds is right and that this could be tied to region but more data would be helpful.

Any and all data points are appreciated - if you've posted here thus far, you inadvertently created a timestamped record documenting your problem and so we'll make sure you're taken care of.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, Dre64 said:

Just received my confirmation. Should receive my $50 refund when the Vive Pro 2 ships...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, HackPerception said:

If you're still having this issue - please post here with your region. I suspect Testgrounds is right and that this could be tied to region but more data would be helpful.

Any and all data points are appreciated - if you've posted here thus far, you inadvertently created a timestamped record documenting your problem and so we'll make sure you're taken care of.

Signed up for the newsletter on Wednesday (26th), got a confirmation email (even two of them) but complete silence after that, still no promo code. I don't think it's going to arrive in time, if at all, so no preorder for me. My region is Europe/Finland.

I saw on a reseller page the same price with discount with free shipping and in stock not like the official store. I buyed from HTC and i'm waiting from them to send me the product.
I only waited because i ordered with the headset the leather face cushion.