Vive pro eye + Vive lip tracker only works on Intel chipset USB PCIE cards? But what card is it??

I am having an extremely difficult time running Vive pro eye and lip tracking hardware on my PC (pc specs).

Vive Pro Eye + Lip tracking is not working together at all on my PC (or any of my other studio PCs).

Vive Pro Eye + Lip tracking only works individually, but if I enable both sensors then the USB devices reset and neither works anymore.

It's very frustrating that no one at HTC made it clear that Lip tracker was incompatible with Vive pro eye on common PCs. At least for me they do not work together.

If I use the vive wireless adapter they they both do work but the connect becomes so slow and basically useless.

I have read that the Vive is extremely sensitive to USB chipsets but no one goes into details, so I am left in a void, where do I get proper USB hardware now? What card do I need?

Please someone help me, I have been trying to add lip tracking to my game for weeks, everyone keeps asking me why it's taking so long and all I can say is I think HTC is not paying attention to their products and released something broken?? Which is not helping my communities confidence in this new lip tracking sensor thing.

Please someone inform me what is best USB3.0 PCIE card so I may use both eye and lip tracking at the same time - and recommend to my community!! Please!!! This is becoming very urgent!!

Edited by AirMouse
  • Like 1
  • AirMouse changed the title to Vive pro eye + Vive lip tracker only works on Intel chipset USB PCIE cards? But what card is it??

I am still waiting for our new lip tracker module. But reading this and some other posts about issues with using eye and lip tracking simultaneously makes me think that it was a bad idea to buy the module for our VR lab.

Let's hope HTC does fix these bugs pretty soon.

On Youtube are some demos of eye and lip tracking and there seams to be no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks @pwoz I hope you do not have the same experiences that I am. This is like having a really nice car that has costed you a fortune but when you try to start the engine it just sputters out and refuses to work.

Can someone please recommend a USB PCIE card I can try? I am on a limited budget and can't buy numorous PCIE cards to try to find one that works

please please please someone list some possible working USB card models and I will start by purchasing those to see if they are working. Thank you.

Edited by AirMouse
Posted (edited)

I found this webpage on vive.com that recommends using the Inateck KTU3FR-2O2I pcie card for the Vive Pro. And this page at valvesoftware that lists some compatible cards.

I have no clue if any of them will solve the Vive Pro Eye + lip tracker together crashing USB issues ??

But I saw the KTU3FR-202I is sold out and not available anywhere.

I ordered a KT4006 instead as it appears to have the same chipset (from what I can tell in the pictures).

I hope this is the solution so i can finally use my facecap hardware together. 

I really hope I am not wasting $25 on something unrelated to the actual issue. I am still very disappointed that my I9 Asus z390 mobo did not work (as well as other PCs) including all other USB 3 ports and pcie cards i have tested do not work and show the same USB drivers crashing every time - so yea, i'm not very optimistic it is USB chipset related and probably something is broken or faulty in HTC's design - but will report back soon with results.

Edited by AirMouse