USB-C device (small fan) works, then stops working.

cate

As described in this video. See the description of the video for more details.

This is a very odd issue, though thankfully the fan does work, meaning this is a solvable problem and likely some simple software thing.
The connection is from headset to fan: USB-c male to USB-c female > USB-c male to USB female > USB male (fan).
I am using steamVR 1.16.8, and am using 1.0.14.1 BETA of the VIVE console
The headset was updated just today via steamVR. It seems this update was shipped today.
The fan works flawlessly - the issue is somewhere with the headset/software.

21 hours ago, cate said:

As described in this video. See the description of the video for more details.

This is a very odd issue, though thankfully the fan does work, meaning this is a solvable problem and likely some simple software thing.
The connection is from headset to fan: USB-c male to USB-c female > USB-c male to USB female > USB male (fan).
I am using steamVR 1.16.8, and am using 1.0.14.1 BETA of the VIVE console
The headset was updated just today via steamVR. It seems this update was shipped today.
The fan works flawlessly - the issue is somewhere with the headset/software.

Well...I thought that usb c port can't be activated when using wireless adapter...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KristinaBanana said:

Well...I thought that usb c port can't be activated when using wireless adapter...

Yes, the usb-c headset port is disabled when using the wireless adapter.  I believe this is the same with Cosmos and VivePro.

https://www.vive.com/au/support/wireless-adapter-cosmos/category_howto/cant-detect-usb-device-on-vive-cosmos-.html

On 3/5/2021 at 6:40 AM, HackPerception said:

The USB-C port works with wireless adapter but there's a limit to how much current you can draw with that port since the device because the battery can only supply so many amps overall. It may be getting overdrawn.

I'm pretty sure it's a power limiting thing but why does the latest Vive Support pages say that the headset usb-c is disabled using wireless?  Maybe this link needs to be revised?

https://www.vive.com/au/support/wireless-adapter-cosmos/category_howto/cant-detect-usb-device-on-vive-cosmos-.html