Vive Pro Noseguard

akaya0331

My nose guard is falling off...again.  Paid over $100 less than a year ago to get it replaced.  Support determined it was cosmetic and not a functioning piece so it didn't fall under warranty.  Any ideas on how to re-adhere it without the glue damaging the headset or if they can be acquired?  Checked iFixIt but they don't sell the nose guard.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, akaya0331 said:

My nose guard is falling off...again.  Paid over $100 less than a year ago to get it replaced.  Support determined it was cosmetic and not a functioning piece so it didn't fall under warranty.  Any ideas on how to re-adhere it without the glue damaging the headset or if they can be acquired?  Checked iFixIt but they don't sell the nose guard.  Thanks!

Maybe try some double-sided sticky tape.  For example;

https://www.amazon.com/Amazonbasics-Double-Sided-Tape-Dispenser/dp/B07VYK11V1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Two+Sided+Tape&qid=1613903812&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQzhLQTVLMkpRMTgyJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA3ODI1MUZPSzlZUzcxQzlGSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDk1Njg3V0lXMjVQQVQxV1JBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

@akaya0331 - I think Pro has an unfortunate design that requires a tear down to fully replace that piece using the native fastening system.

If you do attempt to DIY repair this, avoid using liquid glue like super glue because it's easy to damage the lenses with the fumes. Sometimes you can find aftermarket replacements with pre-applied strips of glue. Otherwise using a tape like Tom suggested can be a good idea.

• Like 1