Wrong behaviour on Oculus

AlGolden

On Oculus (tested on Quest 2 and Rift) if you hold a GameObject in hand with Grab and controller with GameObject is out of sight of tracking cameras - you lost the GameObject - Grab releases it.

It's ok with Vive Focus Plus. I beleive it's because it uses other tracking principle and controller's tracking always working.

Please recommend any possibility to fix this bug. @chengnay

8 hours ago, chengnay said:

@AlGolden Please provide the versions for Unity Editor, Oculus Integration Unity SDK, VIU, and any other plugins such as Oculus XR Plugin?

Have this problem on Unity 2019.4.8f1, no Oculus Integration, VIU 1.12.0.0, Vive Wave XR Plugin 1.0.1, Oculus XR Plugin 1.6.1 and XR Plugin Management 3.2.16

@Alex798 Could you try the VIU's example scene(ColliderEvent), whether you can reproduce the issue?

I just tried using Oculus Rift on ColliderEvent scene, and the object didn't release when my controller is out of sight.

Please try grabbing the non-sticky cube in ColliderEvent scene, thanks!

If you couldn't reproduce the issue in ColliderEvent scene, then I might need you to provide a sample project that can reproduce the issue for reference.

If you can reproduce the issue in ColliderEvent scene, I might also need you to provide the current project for further investigation.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, chengnay said:

@Alex798 Could you try the VIU's example scene(ColliderEvent), whether you can reproduce the issue?

I just tried using Oculus Rift on ColliderEvent scene, and the object didn't release when my controller is out of sight.

Please try grabbing the non-sticky cube in ColliderEvent scene, thanks!

If you couldn't reproduce the issue in ColliderEvent scene, then I might need you to provide a sample project that can reproduce the issue for reference.

If you can reproduce the issue in ColliderEvent scene, I might also need you to provide the current project for further investigation.

Hello, naturally i wrote After checking sample scene- In case of Rift, controllers should be not out of Your(helmet) sight, but out of rift's tracking camera(those stand-like devices) sight... Did U mean this?- because as soon as my controller is under my deck it loses grabbables...

7 hours ago, chengnay said:

@Alex798 I managed to reproduce the issue.

For temporary solution, please import the Oculus Integration(Unity Asset Store) to your project to fix this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good to hear that it is not our project's settings fault 🙂 Are U sure that Integration fixes it?