Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.14.1

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.14.1 – Beta Release Notes 

Released February 5th2021

[Runtime] 

• (BETA) Supported pass-through for Elite (Double click HMD button)

[Vive Console] 

• Added button for switching to Cosmos OpenXR Preview mode
    Cosmos OpenXR Preview mode is still in Beta testing stage and please opt out OpenXR preview or Beta if you found any issues 

Hi C.T.

I downloaded 1.0.14.1 (BETA). The first time it almost got to the end and then it popped up a message to say it couldn't communicate with the HMD, which was odd as I don't usually have many issues with this gear. It worked on the second go but when I looked at the settings the camera setting is greyed out. Is that supposed to be the case?

Secondly I don't have any Vive wands. I use Index controllers with Elite face plate and 1.0 base stations so it there a way to map the function to the right system button on those controllers?

HMD button on the headset (single or double click) only brings up the steam dashboard. It would be a nice feature that have though 🙂less bruising.

Cheers!

Fink.

9 hours ago, C.T. said:

[Runtime] 

[Vive Console] 

Cosmos OpenXR Preview mode is still in Beta testing stage and please opt out OpenXR preview or Beta if you found any issues 

Thanks, pass-through works for me, but I had to be carfeul not to misclick anything in Steam VR menu while trying to activate camera.

23 hours ago, C.T. said:

[Runtime] 

[Vive Console] 

Dear god how do I turn down the brightness
OMG what a beauty though.
Can't wait for integration with Steams Camera Settings or a Transparent view mixing VR/RL
My Camera button on Console is still grey and unselectable

Edited by darkfyrealgoma

26 minutes ago, darkfyrealgoma said:

Dear god how do I turn down the brightness
OMG what a beauty though.
Can't wait for integration with Steams Camera Settings or a Transparent view mixing VR/RL
My Camera button on Console is still grey and unselectable

I also cannot find the OpenXR option

Hello I just downloaded the beta update and resinstalled it twice tried plugging headset through another usb port but the camera pass through isnt working steamvr keeps giving me the error of camera communication failed.

Any help would be great

2 hours ago, adamay05 said:

Hello I just downloaded the beta update and resinstalled it twice tried plugging headset through another usb port but the camera pass through isnt working steamvr keeps giving me the error of camera communication failed.

Any help would be great

It does not work with steams options yet.
You doubleish click the button on the HMD, either steamhome menu popup or it'll go to full camera mode, warning it's bright.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, darkfyrealgoma said:

I also cannot find the OpenXR option

OpenXR only available for Cosmos (6 cam - inside out version), It will not be visible for Cosmos Elite. 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fink said:

Hi C.T.

I downloaded 1.0.14.1 (BETA). The first time it almost got to the end and then it popped up a message to say it couldn't communicate with the HMD, which was odd as I don't usually have many issues with this gear. It worked on the second go but when I looked at the settings the camera setting is greyed out. Is that supposed to be the case?

Secondly I don't have any Vive wands. I use Index controllers with Elite face plate and 1.0 base stations so it there a way to map the function to the right system button on those controllers?

HMD button on the headset (single or double click) only brings up the steam dashboard. It would be a nice feature that have though 🙂less bruising.

Cheers!

Fink.

As many of you may notice, SteamVR camera option is still greyed out as usual. We were unable to map the double click pass-through to controllers, there's technical difficulty here.

• Thanks 1

It's working now (maybe I didn't hit the button fast enough) but every time the Steam window pops up first.

Is there a way to remove the steam pop up function from the HMD button? That would make it cleaner to use but if not, hey at least we now have the pass through. Great work (keep them coming 🙂 )

Cheers!

Fink.