Audio Trip unplayable due to tracking

cloud.pt

This is a public warning that Audio Trip is pretty much unplayable in the Vive Cosmos. For those unaware, Audio Trip is a Beat Saber/Synth Riders-like video game but where hand position is supposed to me much more peripheral to your natural FoV, as it mimics dancing and not cutting or shooting note gems.

I have purchased the game using the Oculus Store due to crossplay with my sisters HMD - let's call it  the"white" headset - and use it through SteamVR with the Cosmos. Both using it in standalone mode (with the app installed inside the white device) and using Link to PC, in the white headset I am able to do 4-5 starts in most songs on Regular, and 2-4 stars on expert. Tracking works almost flawlessly.

In the Cosmos I struggle to even finish songs on expert, and get a huge point decrease in anything else due to the horrible tracking in this particular game. This is especially notable on the "flow" gems which have to be followed for a bit, and when there are 2 notes close to each other across the FoV. Even moving my head to virtually look at the second note and my occluded, far hand/controller does not improve the situation. It's as if some part of the tracking pipeline doesn't register where my hand is in the game.

This is really frustrating and not something I expected a good year and change into the Cosmos lifecycle. It's getting to a point I no longer even hope it will improve to remotely acceptable levels of performances in the average VR experience. I did play Alyx entirely using the Cosmos, but I have to admit I struggle more than I should especially throwing grenades and just selecting stuff visually in front of me with the Russel gloves. I also dread just selecting an item in my preferred Windows explorer Details/List mode, and something as simple as double clicking files or folders is a huge chore which I have to resort to right-clicking instead not to screw it up.  

On 1/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, cloud.pt said:

This is a public warning that Audio Trip is pretty much unplayable in the Vive Cosmos. For those unaware, Audio Trip is a Beat Saber/Synth Riders-like video game but where hand position is supposed to me much more peripheral to your natural FoV, as it mimics dancing and not cutting or shooting note gems.

I have purchased the game using the Oculus Store due to crossplay with my sisters HMD - let's call it  the"white" headset - and use it through SteamVR with the Cosmos. Both using it in standalone mode (with the app installed inside the white device) and using Link to PC, in the white headset I am able to do 4-5 starts in most songs on Regular, and 2-4 stars on expert. Tracking works almost flawlessly.

In the Cosmos I struggle to even finish songs on expert, and get a huge point decrease in anything else due to the horrible tracking in this particular game. This is especially notable on the "flow" gems which have to be followed for a bit, and when there are 2 notes close to each other across the FoV. Even moving my head to virtually look at the second note and my occluded, far hand/controller does not improve the situation. It's as if some part of the tracking pipeline doesn't register where my hand is in the game.

This is really frustrating and not something I expected a good year and change into the Cosmos lifecycle. It's getting to a point I no longer even hope it will improve to remotely acceptable levels of performances in the average VR experience. I did play Alyx entirely using the Cosmos, but I have to admit I struggle more than I should especially throwing grenades and just selecting stuff visually in front of me with the Russel gloves. I also dread just selecting an item in my preferred Windows explorer Details/List mode, and something as simple as double clicking files or folders is a huge chore which I have to resort to right-clicking instead not to screw it up.  

It is not surprise at all. It is working like that in launch and in 2021 it is still nowhere near a completed or finalised product. 

Basically, the tracking is faulty and it can't be fixed. Bought my quest 2 last week and I finally can play with both hands overlapping each other, feel refreshing 

You can google in the internet, Cosmos headset has rated as the worst tracking ever.

Edited by lam0218