HTC COSMOS for VR

Saba

Hello HTC Team ! 

New HTC Cosmos with in-built 6 cameras is quite impressive. We intend to use this product for VR of 3D models(The models which we use are taken from Native 3D software's & converted into VR file.) to showcase it to our customers.

Is this a right selection for its use ?

1. We have been using HTC vive pro & found it to be quite smooth & impressive. 😄

2. Does elimination of base stations(in case of HTC Cosmos) would make any difference in terms of Quality & visual appearance ? 

3. Now, I want to purchase either of one, HTC Vive pro or HTC vive cosmos 🤔

Kindly assist !! 🙏

My Laptop Configurations:

Technical Specifications

MSI

HP

Asus

MODEL

MSI GE66 Raider 10SGS-057

HP ZBook Fury 17 G7

ROG Strix Scar 17 G732LXS-HG059T

DISPLAY

15.6" FHD (1920x1080), 300Hz, IPS-Level

17.3" Inch 3840 x 2160 / 4K

17.3" FHD (1920x1080), 300Hz, IPS-Level

PROCESSOR

10th Gen Intel® Core ™ i7

10th Gen Intel® Core ™ i9

10th Gen Intel® Core ™ i9

RAM

32GB ( Max..64GB)

2 x 32 GB = 64GB

32GB

HDD-SSD

2TB SSD

1TB SSD + 2TB SATA HDD

2TB SSD

GRAPHICS

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ With Max-Q Design, 8GB GDDR6

NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ With Max-Q Design, 8GB GDDR6

Edited by Saba

Thanks for inquiring here.

Different tracking technology will not effect how visual is presented in the HMD. 

Vive pro or Vive Cosmos?
I think the questions back to you is if your demo is location based to your customers? go with Light house version Vive pro or Vive Cosmos Elite. but if you are traveling with your demo kit, I will suggest to go with Vive Cosmos coz you don't need to travel and setup for the base stations. 

Thanks for prompt response.😁

Ideally Demo would be at our premises, & travel would be minimal. But as you rightly said, HTC cosmos would be much easier to set-up & being upgraded one, it would be a latest buy ! .

Other than portability issues, is there any point which HTC vive pro leads by COSMOS & would be a decision maker ?

Can you please confirm if HTC vive Pro or Cosmos - would be compatible with my Laptop configurations ( GPU requirements are met)

Any other factors to be considered ?

I'm not too familiar with the HP workstation, but by looking at the specs they are all way beefy enough to run both cosmos and vive pro. 
One thing you can do is to check nvidia control panel under the tab of "configure surround physx" to see if you are able to physically access to the displayport I/O on your end. 
Since typically TB3s with DisplayPort function are powered by CPU not GPU from my experience. 

Both Vive Pro and Cosmos has its own pros and cons, I will suggest to go with which one can better amplify your demo contents. 

Best,
C.T.