SteamVR Beta 1.16.1 Questions

borrie869

So i'm curious steams latest beta added per-app settings for overriding automatic throttling and prediction behavior but clearly states that these settings are only available to headsets which use SteamVR’s compositor (e.g. Index, Vive) 

This would be a HUGE benefit for me as i am running my Cosmos on a 3080 and quite often have games with low fps but only about 60% gpu usage. So my Question is why cant i use this feature? Is the cosmos not officially part of the Vive family? is there going to be a way we could use this?

Edited by borrie869
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 3:18 AM, borrie869 said:

So i'm curious steams latest beta added per-app settings for overriding automatic throttling and prediction behavior but clearly states that these settings are only available to headsets which use SteamVR’s compositor (e.g. Index, Vive) 

This would be a HUGE benefit for me as i am running my Cosmos on a 3080 and quite often have games with low fps but only about 60% gpu usage. So my Question is why cant i use this feature? Is the cosmos not officially part of the Vive family? is there going to be a way we could use this?

I also have the low gpu usage problem. Let me know if you find anything, since my research led to nothing lol