Cant see passthrough camera

Tindelltech

It seems after the latest update, when i go to use "room setup", and have to draw the border for my play area...  the background is no longer the passthrough camera.  It's solid white, which makes drawing my play area very hard.  I have to use room setup a lot, as my games require 2 different areas.  One for sitting games, and one for standing active games.  I can't even see the floor to adjust floor height.  However I can see all the htc stuff.  The VR headset works fine too except this.

I have turned on the passthrough camera in Steam VR.  I've also tried double clicking the triangle button.  Neither seems to help. 

So 2 questions.

1. how do i fix my HTC cosmos where i can see the passthrough camera again in setup?  Does it have anything to do with the headset button on the side or am i missing something?

2.  Is there a way to setup "profiles", so i dont have to constantly resetup my room when i switch from standing to seated games?

Thanks!

Hello the side button is to restart the hdmi. But if you want to see the passthrough you have to go to w10 configuration in cameras and activate it. Reconfiguring the room has made me sick. I also notice the blank screen but it is solved I also see that the steamhome is a mess.

12 hours ago, cusa123 said:

@KristinaBanana Not everything is technical support.

@Tindelltech You tried to put in origin configuration I leave image. You have camera options and also in the console-cameras and option "see the real environment when the limit of the game zone is crossed".

0-2-2-800x534.jpg.a071950e5fe4f826124a6519fd4b6275.jpg

Yes i did.  It shows the border but not the pass through.  Even when i do a fresh setup, it's white not passthrough.  started this latest update.  I have to do room setups everytime i switch from my standing VR games to sitting anyways, because how my room is configured.  So..

1. I need to turn back on the passthrough.  Do i hold the side button or something?

2.  Can i setup profiles or just go from sitting to standing without doing room setup over and over?

Thank you!

Good the room configuration is constantly normal and annoying already said before but to htc I do not know if he is interested in solving the problem.

The passthrough camera you also have to configure in windows 10 in settings -> privacy -> camera.

Then in vive console sorry to leave it in Spanish. Go to live console -> settings -> camera.

1.png

15 hours ago, cusa123 said:

Good the room configuration is constantly normal and annoying already said before but to htc I do not know if he is interested in solving the problem.

The passthrough camera you also have to configure in windows 10 in settings -> privacy -> camera.

Then in vive console sorry to leave it in Spanish. Go to live console -> settings -> camera.

1.png

Yes, i'm familiar with this. These ae checked.

Nor does it come out by double clicking (button lives) on the right control?

(Imagen)

Just in case, enter the console and install in developer mode openxr or beta program. Option

1) Console-> Advanced-> Beta program takes a while to download and the viewer will restart.

2) Console-> advanced-> private test program-> enter code (OPENXRBETADEV00) Without the parentheses.

The same as the above, it takes a little while to download and the viewer will restart. You CANNOT have both at the same time. @C.T.

IMG_20210106_105842.jpg

On 1/6/2021 at 8:11 AM, cusa123 said:

Nor does it come out by double clicking (button lives) on the right control?

(Imagen)

Just in case, enter the console and install in developer mode openxr or beta program. Option

1) Console-> Advanced-> Beta program takes a while to download and the viewer will restart.

2) Console-> advanced-> private test program-> enter code (OPENXRBETADEV00) Without the parentheses.

The same as the above, it takes a little while to download and the viewer will restart. You CANNOT have both at the same time. @C.T.

IMG_20210106_105842.jpg

Ok so i've tried both.  I'm noticing 2 things.

1. on beta the backdrop is white, no pass through camera.  on developer it's black.

2 vive console is the same color and has issue shutting down.  I have to force shut it off manually everytime.

Suggestions?