Vive Cosmos Controller OpenXR Feature for Unity

dario

OK, after installing com_htc_vive.openxr-1.0.1.tgz, all the input bindings are working. In previous versions I had to add brackets and use unnatural names but this version works, thanks so much.

Left shoulder button was not working at first but started working, I don't know why. Also tracking sometimes does not work for some reason. But basically all are working.

Edited by TakashiWatanabe

I've found shoulder button on left does not work most of the time, the same on the right works no problem.

I tried to bind,

<XRController>{LeftHand}/shoulderPressed

and

<ViveCosmosController>{LeftHand}/shoulderPressed

But none of these works. Binding another button even the shoulder button on the right hand controller works no problem.

It worked once when I tried this;

<ViveCosmosController>/shoulderPressed

But the script was receiving 2 events per one press.

v1.thumb.png.5fb0e638770651d1409c54200e739ed9.pngv2.thumb.png.cba4bb30ab2a51154bcf04447af0e7ce.pngv3.png.7293297a7ad18eb12289bfe1ec5b2df0.png

If I start unity editor and use only left controller, the button works. But as soon I switch on the right controller, the left shoulder button stops sending events. 

This behaviour is only for the left shoulder button. All others work without a problem.

Edited by TakashiWatanabe

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I am using the VIVE OpenXR Plugin version 1.0.1 which works great in the editor. 

But when I am trying to build the application I got the following errors:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Newtonsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(224,80): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(250,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(336,65): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JContainer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(336,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JToken' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have the localization package from Unity included. Once I remove the VIVE OpenXR package, the error is gone and I am able to build but of course without Cosmos controller support.

Do you have any idea if this is something you guys can fix in the package?

Best regards,

Daniel

Edited by DP007
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use vive focus 3 +unity 2020.3 +openxr to release PC VR programs. Using vive business streaming, it is found that the angle of the handle in vive focus 3 is always a fixed angle different from that in the program, as if the difference between the handle of focus and the handle of vive cosmos is just about 45 degree,How can I make it  to the right angle

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I Installed com_htc_vive.openxr-1.0.1 to use the Cosmos Controller. But after I installed the plugin via the Package Manager the build is not fully working. It seems the Plugins folder is missing in the build. If I remove the com_htc_vive.openxr-1.0.1 everything is fine. Has someone an idea why the plugin caused such a problem and how to fix this?

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have recently added VIVE OpenXR Plugin version 1.0.1 from https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/openxr-pcvr/download/archive/101/ to my project to add support for Vive Cosmos,

.spacer.png

but after adding this I can't make a build everything works fine in the editor.
I am using other third party assets like Newtonsoft json, and photon. and they started throwing "Missing a using directive or an assembly reference?" errors : 

spacer.png

When I remove Vive OpenXR plugin from the packages, I am able to make a build, couldn't figure out why it is causing this problem! if anyone have any insight on this do share! thank you!

I am using:
Unity 2020.3.35f1 LTS

VIVE OpenXR Plugin version 1.0.1

Edited by cbudhe15

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I am facing the problem that whenever I hit the play button in Unity, SteamVR and Vive Console are crashing after like 0.5sec. During this 0.5sec I am able to turn the view and move the controllers. This tells me that there is coming user input from the Vive Cosmos devices, but something seems to be interfering between Unity and Vive. I thought I try the tarball installation from the first page of this thread, but it seems that it is no longer availabe for download. Can you reupload it again please or can you somehow help me in an otherway, if my described problem is known in the meanwhile?

I am using:

Unity 2021.3.11f1

Vive Cosmos Elite (only 1 Basestation) via the converter and not via Link Box

Windows 10