Vive Cosmos Controller OpenXR Feature for Unity

dario

Ok so there is definitely a bug in Unity3D but found a work around.

The BUG: For some reason when trying to use the UI to add that Cosmos profile it borks the "Open XR Package Settings.asset" file causing duplicate entries in that file etc.

The workaround:
* Delete the "Open XR Package Settings.asset" file if its messed up.
* Use VS-Code & find "nameUi: HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support"
* Set "m_enabled: 1" to enable it.
* Save file & go back to Unity3D then re-open your settings window.
* You can now normally add back your other profiles.

• 1 month later...

I tried using the Cosmos specification and the above workaround, but the resulting build would then no longer start SteamVR anymore at all - something must've broken in the OpenXR settings. Had to revert in source control to get it working again. Is this method still functional?

@Dario

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, thmsvdberg said:

I tried using the Cosmos specification and the above workaround, but the resulting build would then no longer start SteamVR anymore at all - something must've broken in the OpenXR settings. Had to revert in source control to get it working again. Is this method still functional?

@Dario

You can select which OpenXR runtime you want to run in the drop down in Unity (or select default) - if using default which ever runtime is set will be used (can be set from within each runtime (ViveCosmos or SteamVR)

best,
Dario

4 minutes ago, SpazJibo said:

Ok I'm not tracking. I just setup a new project and do not have access to add HTC Cosmos Controllers at all. What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.20606dee349d0098d2db7a872c97dcde.png

NOTE: I don't find the line for HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support in my "Open XR  Package Settings.asset" either.

• 1 month later...

Currently in Unity 2020.3.20f1 with the OpenXR version of 1.2.8. I have successfully installed the tarball and I can see the "HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support" in the interaction profile but I cannot add it no matter how many times I have restarted the unity etc. From @zezba9000 work around, I found the "nameUi: HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support" in the file called "HtcViveCosmosInputFeature.cs" but I cannot find any "m_enabled" or just "enable". Please help.

7 hours ago, MARKorio said:

Currently in Unity 2020.3.20f1 with the OpenXR version of 1.2.8. I have successfully installed the tarball and I can see the "HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support" in the interaction profile but I cannot add it no matter how many times I have restarted the unity etc. From @zezba9000 work around, I found the "nameUi: HTC Vive Cosmos Controller Support" in the file called "HtcViveCosmosInputFeature.cs" but I cannot find any "m_enabled" or just "enable". Please help.

We just updated the VIVE Cosmos Controller feature in the top most pinned topic.  This supports the latest Unity updates.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 1:33 AM, fstorehaug said:

Hey @Dario

106889497_Screenshot2021-11-16102942.thumb.png.d00308a4ded418e08ad5408c7ac9ec4f.png

2133974416_Screenshot2021-11-16102846.thumb.png.5f691870d8a7e00026139ad5b00314d3.png

Is tracked mirrors thumbstick touched, instead of actuall tracking. I dont know where else to report this bug.

@fstorehaug Thank you for reporting this!

I am not seeing this behavior in 2.1.19.1 of the vive console, along with unity version 2020.3.26f1, input system 1.1.0-preview.1
What versions of those packages are currently being run in that project?