Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.14.0

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.14.0 – Beta Release Notes 
Released December 17th 2020

[Runtime] 

• Enabled motion compensation support for NV 30 serious cards
  • Solved memory leak problem if user disable DP audio.
  • Supported Vive Hand Tracking SDK on Elite.

[Vive Console] 

• Refine the mechanism of error messages and UI bug fixes.

[Lens]

• Able to switch between multiple screens in desktop mirror mode
  • Refined Desktop mirror mode UI & UX

I must say i am little disappointed regards this update. It took 3 months to get one update and its nothing in the release notes that even improve original Cosmos .

Tracking is still bad. performance is horrible something is not "right" I have no clue what it can be. My controllers are lagging in normal Vive port and i do still i float away sometimes.    

I do understand this is a beta and there is bugs but if VIVE really want to have a better product i think people would be happy to work with you and beta test properly, and not be ignored !          

For me the " Motion compensation "  makes weird graphic bugs in games and worsen the quality overall. It is smooth but i see square graphic popping up 

Is it steam vr that kills the performance ?

My current spec is:

9900k 5ghz

32 ddr4 ram

m2 drive

2080ti boosted up...

This should work fine for this headset? Or do i need a NASA computer from another planet?

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

I must say i am little disappointed regards this update. It took 3 months to get one update and its nothing in the release notes that even improve original Cosmos .

Tracking is still bad. performance is horrible something is not "right" I have no clue what it can be. My controllers are lagging in normal Vive port and i do still i float away sometimes.    

I do understand this is a beta and there is bugs but if VIVE really want to have a better product i think people would be happy to work with you and beta test properly, and not be ignored !          

For me the " Motion compensation "  makes weird graphic bugs in games and worsen the quality overall. It is smooth but i see square graphic popping up 

Is it steam vr that kills the performance ?

My current spec is:

9900k 5ghz

32 ddr4 ram

m2 drive

2080ti boosted up...

This should work fine for this headset? Or do i need a NASA computer from another planet?

I have exactly the same problem, rare squares in my case alyx. No matter what motion compensation you have, its use is useless. 
In itself in use for cosmos it is useless, it does not have any improvement, it only makes things worse. 
Also something that I would like them to repair in some way is the use of the room makes me tired of having to put in a room every time I turn on the viewer the region.
Honestly, I don't know what to think about cosmos anymore, there is no general work information that users can see and test?
At least have an idea on what is working but 3 months to see something and only this?. 
I understand the current and world situation but this is a lot. At least it would be nice to have settings that the user can have customizable.

I'm happy to say that the new update made tracking bit more stable for me. 

Im playing Medal of Honour Above and Beyond on my Cosmos and have no issues at all with the tracking. Not sure if it's because positions of hands is a bit staggered in this game, but tracking feels very solid. I'm surprised to hear that you are having issues with your PC specs, can you elaborate what issues you are having? 

My PC specs:

I5 9400f

16 GB ddr4 ram 

Gainward 1070 oc 

SSD. 

Yay I can finally switch between my monitors :)

The support for Vive Hand Tracking SDK on Elite is also a welcomed addition an something to play with over the Xmas break.

Well done and have a Merry Christmas.

Fink.

• 2 weeks later...

only issue i have still on tracking is when trying to use a gun or bow, the controllers go out of wack when trying to draw a bow or hold a shoulder gun, kinda same when trying to hold hand gun with 2 hands lol not sure if thats even possible anyways but ive tried 😛

• 2 weeks later...

ok, this is just ridiculous, cant even play medal of honor with out the guns slowing start turning on its own, especially if u try to aim down a rifle or holding and aiming with pistol, cant wait to get my G2 reverb