Burn mark on lens (?)

Chris1000000

@Chris1000000 - It's definitely physical damage to the LCD. The shape is consistent with solar exposure damage. As said in previous posts, I would try to dispute the purchase or chargeback because that unit is definitely damaged. A repair like this is out of warranty and would be expensive since the LCD is one of the more expensive elements in the headset.

Thank you for the help!

Will the damage stop where it is right now? Whats your best guess?

Seller did not want to take it back. So I talked to support at Tradera (auction site) and they told me that they didn't interfere between seller and buyer, if I had a problem I should call the police they said... That might work, but what are the chance police investigate it at all and then a court might handle it in a year or two...

I got 20% back from seller, that is something and better then nothing but you might guess what I feel about it.  

@Chris1000000 - Damage to displays are pretty individualized and case-by-case. Without opening the headset up, you can't really tell what the backside of the display looks like and when you have a component with millions of sub elements like a display, it's hard to predict what will happen to the overall display if only a portion is damaged. I've seen screens that hold out and keep working with the damage but I've also seen screens fail so it's a bit of a toss up.

You can probably contact vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us to get a quote on an out of warranty repair within your region. You can reference this thread with the agent for context. The display is one of the most expensive components so there may be some sticker shock though.

Thank you for all advice, I guess I see what happens. I see no change at all over a few hours testing it.

Still needs to buy a new for the kids anyway, can´t give a broken one, (ex wife would get angry...) so they have two as long as it works,  and IF it breaks they probably got tired of it or I see what repair cost is then, it is usable for now and still awesome. And Tradera is banned in this house, too expensive in this case.