To integrate both Oculus Quest 2 and Valve knuckles in a PC. Is it possible?

Castana

Hi

I am interested in integrating both Oculus Quest 2 and Valve Knuckles to use its each finger tracking and let to the patients to improve your health injury, for that reason, I saw this SteamVR™ Wireless Receiver more info here :

For that reason and since that it is Bluetooth Low Energy, I thought maybe I could use it to integrate both VR devices. Do you think it would be possible?
Thanks for your time
Best Regards
Alejandro Castan

@Castana It's theoretically possible but you'd like need an external PC, a bunch of custom software, and more "workarounds/hacks" (i.e. OpenVRSpaceCalibrator) than would ever really be stable for real-world usage/scalability. A SteamVR update could break everything overnight. Your fighting both runtimes and firmware restrictions. You'd be better off using PCVR and using a Vive Pro with a wireless adapter and knuckles or just sticking to the limitations of the optical-based Oculus hand tracking.

If you're attempting to use Oculus with patients - I'd also recommend being sure that you can meet HIPPA compliance or whatever similar compliance standard exists for your country. In some regions - it's an uphill battle to use a Facebook device for medical.

As someone whose hybridized SteamVR devices with non-SteamVR tracked devices - I can speak from experience when I say that it was extremely frustrating and eventually made me rage quit. Definitely possible if you have a lot of patience, budget, and free time but not recommended professionally. Doing it with Quest is an order of magnitude harder than with Rift S/Rift if you're trying to run a mobile executable rather than a PC executable via Link/VirtualDesktop.

20 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Castana It's theoretically possible but you'd like need an external PC, a bunch of custom software, and more "workarounds/hacks" (i.e. OpenVRSpaceCalibrator) than would ever really be stable for real-world usage/scalability. A SteamVR update could break everything overnight. Your fighting both runtimes and firmware restrictions. You'd be better off using PCVR and using a Vive Pro with a wireless adapter and knuckles or just sticking to the limitations of the optical-based Oculus hand tracking.

If you're attempting to use Oculus with patients - I'd also recommend being sure that you can meet HIPPA compliance or whatever similar compliance standard exists for your country. In some regions - it's an uphill battle to use a Facebook device for medical.

As someone whose hybridized SteamVR devices with non-SteamVR tracked devices - I can speak from experience when I say that it was extremely frustrating and eventually made me rage quit. Definitely possible if you have a lot of patience, budget, and free time but not recommended professionally. Doing it with Quest is an order of magnitude harder than with Rift S/Rift if you're trying to run a mobile executable rather than a PC executable via Link/VirtualDesktop.

Hi VibrantNebula,

Thanks for your fast answer and your advice....

My best option to do it  is using my Valve Index and the Knuckles,  but my big problem are all cables that I need to build my Environment, for it and to avoid this problem, Do you know if I can connect my Valve Index with a wireless adapter ? If it is like that, Could you say me what was this best one ?

Thanks for your time

Alejandro