HTC Vive pro flickers white for few sec once every 5 min

sashanos

Good day all,

I have HTC vive pro that every 5 min flickers white for about 1-1.5 second . i have updated my video card driver ( RTX2070) and my Vive software but it was fixed for about a week and flickering has come back. Any suggestions ? :-)

Cheers

@sashanos A white screen specifically indicates a loss of tracking. It could be due to a environmental reflection or your body positioning.

If it's happening at a somewhat regular time interval, it may indicate that another device on your home's electrical grid is switching on/off and causing a momentary fluctuation in the quality of the power delivered to the basestations (similar to lightbulbs will dim/flicker when a high draw device is switched on). We've seen this reported before with high draw devices like air conditioners and refrigerators but lower draw devices like your monitor going into power savings mode could cause it as well depending on the quality of wiring in your building.

Reflective surfaces" in practice are extraordinarily hard to track down without specialized equipment because materials interact differently with IR light than optical light. A material may not be reflective in the visible spectrum but may be highly reflective in the IR spectrum; the same is true with opacity, some visibly opaque materials will be complete transparent in IR and vice versa. To detect reflections, generate a system report or open up the SteamVR web console and search for the term "back-facing". I'll post an example of what a reflection looks like in the logs below.

• Sun Jun 26 2016 23:02:09.676 - lighthouse: LHR-4E8EF209 H: Dropped 32312 back-facing hits, 2069 non-clustered hits during the previous tracking session