Cosmos Elite with a gaming headset

The only thing I don't like about the cosmos elite is the fact that the headphones hover next to my ears. They work and do their job just fine, but I'm used to the feel of my wireless gaming headset that I've been using. Is it possible to use my wireless gaming headset along with my cosmos elite? The reason I'm bringing this up is because the wireless kit for the cosmos elite will be delivered at my house in a few days, thus making my VR headset wireless, and was curious if I can use the cosmos elite along with my wireless headset. And yes, I know that there's already a mic built into my VR headset, I just prefer the feel of headphones covering my ears, instead of just hanging next to them. 

Here's the link to the wireless headset I have:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/steelseries-arctis-7-wireless-dts-headphone-gaming-headset-for-pc-and-playstation-4-black/6285956.p?skuId=6285956

On 10/19/2020 at 6:36 PM, Burned_Follower said:

The only thing I don't like about the cosmos elite is the fact that the headphones hover next to my ears. They work and do their job just fine, but I'm used to the feel of my wireless gaming headset that I've been using. Is it possible to use my wireless gaming headset along with my cosmos elite? The reason I'm bringing this up is because the wireless kit for the cosmos elite will be delivered at my house in a few days, thus making my VR headset wireless, and was curious if I can use the cosmos elite along with my wireless headset. And yes, I know that there's already a mic built into my VR headset, I just prefer the feel of headphones covering my ears, instead of just hanging next to them. 

Here's the link to the wireless headset I have:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/steelseries-arctis-7-wireless-dts-headphone-gaming-headset-for-pc-and-playstation-4-black/6285956.p?skuId=6285956

After screwing around with the wireless kit for the cosmos elite(wireless kit came in the mail today), I discovered that the headphones that are a part of the cosmos elite headset are not LITERALLY a part of the headset! It only looked that way thanks to some very good cable management engineering by the vive engineers! Just like any other pair of headphones, they are connected to two wires, that are connected to a single wire, that plugs into the VR headset's hidden headphones jack inside the VR helmet. You can only see this hidden headphones jack after removing the facial interface. 

After installing and setting up all the hardware needed to turn my vive cosmos elite into a wireless headset.....AND.....carefully removing the headphones that came with the headset.....I put the headset on my head just like one always does when getting ready to use it. I then put on my wireless gaming headphones. I then flip up the visor so I can see my computer screen. I then left click on the sound icon on the bar at the bottom of my PC screen, and manually select my wireless gaming headset, and BAM! I am now using the vive cosmos elite, with the wirless kit.......while at the same time using my wireless gaming headset!

The sound quality is SOOOO much better and imersive! I thought half life alyx was scary AF before, not it's twice as scary! I can't wait to play all the other zombie games on VR! 

So the answer to my question is YES you CAN do this! And it works GREAT!!! Thank you Vive engineers for making my vive headset flexible enough for me to still be able to use my favorite gaming headset along with the cosmos elite! 

• 11 months later...