EyeCalibration.exe broken in 1.3.0.9 ?

Hi,

I just (auto)updated to SRanipal 1.3.0.9 and it seems that EyeCalibration.exe is not working properly anymore. The application does launch but does not continue once the loading message had disappeared. 
I tried to launch EyeCalibration from within the Unity( EyeSample scene from the latest SRanipal Unity Plugin Package) and directly(as administrator). I tried this on 2 systems without any results.

I did notice that SRanipal has moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\SRanipal\ to C:\Program Files\VIVE\SRanipal\ which suggest that the contents have been rebuild for x64. 

Has anyone else experienced this or know if this a known bug. A solution/workaround would be greatly appreciated.
@Corvus

Thanks!

Edited by Djangi

49 minutes ago, Djangi said:

Hi,

I just (auto)updated to SRanipal 1.3.0.9 and it seems that EyeCalibration.exe is not working properly anymore. The application does launch but does not continue once the loading message had disappeared. 
I tried to launch EyeCalibration from within the Unity( EyeSample scene from the latest SRanipal Unity Plugin Package) and directly(as administrator). I tried this on 2 systems without any results.

I did notice that SRanipal has moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\SRanipal\ to C:\Program Files\VIVE\SRanipal\ which suggest that the contents have been rebuild for x64. 

Has anyone else experienced this or know if this a known bug. A solution/workaround would be greatly appreciated.
@Corvus

Thanks!

In addition to my previous question, does anyone know the names/revision number of the previous SDK and installer. I found SRanipal_SDK_1.1.0.1.zip and VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.2.0 in my downloads folder. but there might have been working releases after these. A download archive page would be even better.

Thanks

@Corvus

Edited by Djangi

6 minutes ago, jdevoldere said:

Also tried this on two different systems now with two different headsets and the results are the same. I wish we could downgrade to the previous version of SRanipal because this is seriously limiting our ability to develop in our research lab.

I was presenting my project today but accidentally accepted the update before I started. It's a good way to ruin your day.

9 minutes ago, Djangi said:

In addition to my previous question, does anyone know the names/revision number of the previous SDK and installer. I found SRanipal_SDK_1.1.0.1.zip and VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.2.0 in my downloads folder. but there might have been working releases after these. A download archive page would be even better.

Thanks

@Corvus

VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.2.0 is also the latest version we know of before 1.3.0.9.

We will now try to uninstall 1.3.0.9 and install 1.1.2.0 and try to prevent it from auto-updating using firewall.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 2:59 PM, jdevoldere said:

VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.2.0 is also the latest version we know of before 1.3.0.9.

We will now try to uninstall 1.3.0.9 and install 1.1.2.0 and try to prevent it from auto-updating using firewall.

I wasn't able to reply earlier due to the limited number of daily posts on this community which is obnoxious.
I started my weekend early and didn't have a chance to try it out yet. Going to try to revert to 1.1.2.0 on monday. I'll posts my findings when I'm ready.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:17 PM, Djangi said:

I wasn't able to reply earlier due to the limited number of daily posts on this community which is obnoxious.
I started my weekend early and didn't have a chance to try it out yet. Going to try to revert to 1.1.2.0 on monday. I'll posts my findings when I'm ready.

I just reinstalled VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.2.0 and everything seems to be in working order again.
Do note that everytime SR_Runtime is run it will prompt to update. Just cancel and everything should be fine

I would love to have an status update on the issues with 
1.3.0.9 @Corvus 

update.JPG