Steam VR causing GPU driver crashes

HenryAiden

I’m still rocking a RX480 and Intel 6600 non-k

Which while a little slow have been chugging along just fine for the last 2 years I’ve had a Vive pro until 2 days ago

Since then every time I load up Steam VR I’ll be fine for about 10 minutes, then the world freezes and gets stuck to my face and then my GPU crashes taking my monitors and headset down with it.

More recently these crashes lead to looping recurring crashes even after quitting VR

I’ve tried updating my GPU drivers, disabling unnecessary GPU features and overclocking, reducing resolution to reduce GPU load, uninstalling Steam VR, reinstalling, installing the beta, removing the Vive drivers and reinstalling those.

I’m at a complete loss, I was playing hours upon hours everyday for weeks, then I could only play for like 10 minutes, now it crashes in Steam VR Home after less than 5

The only overlays I’m running are: OVR Advanced Settings YUR fitness Virtual Desktop Dashboard (it can do UAC prompts which is nice, but I’ve disabled it before and found no difference)

4 hours ago, HenryAiden said:

I’m still rocking a RX480 and Intel 6600 non-k

Which while a little slow have been chugging along just fine for the last 2 years I’ve had a Vive pro until 2 days ago

Since then every time I load up Steam VR I’ll be fine for about 10 minutes, then the world freezes and gets stuck to my face and then my GPU crashes taking my monitors and headset down with it.

More recently these crashes lead to looping recurring crashes even after quitting VR

I’ve tried updating my GPU drivers, disabling unnecessary GPU features and overclocking, reducing resolution to reduce GPU load, uninstalling Steam VR, reinstalling, installing the beta, removing the Vive drivers and reinstalling those.Mobdro Kodi 

I’m at a complete loss, I was playing hours upon hours everyday for weeks, then I could only play for like 10 minutes, now it crashes in Steam VR Home after less than 5

The only overlays I’m running are: OVR Advanced Settings YUR fitness Virtual Desktop Dashboard (it can do UAC prompts which is nice, but I’ve disabled it before and found no difference)

issue got solved!!