Cosmos Tracking

CrakeJ

While there have been some improvements in certain aspects of tracking, it is still a BIG problem for the Cosmos.

I'd really like someone from HTC to address this report - tell us what they're going to do about it? Have they contacted the authors of the report? Will there be more tests to show if there has been any meaningful progress made?

https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-vive-cosmos-accuracy-test-controller/

Support have stopped communicating with me since I said that I wouldn't return my Cosmos - in case I didn't get it back. I told them I'd learned that I'd bought my Cosmos from an 'Unlicensed reseller' (on Ebay), but gave them all my serial numbers and proof of purchase as requested. Not heard from them since.

I had many emails between us - them saying stuff from scripts like 'try this to improve tracking', and other nonsense replies, even though my question was about this article and how rubbish ALL of our devices are, not just mine! After many times asking to escalate my complaint, I eventually received a reply saying that they would escalate and let me know what happened.

2 days later I got another letter from the same department telling me that if I send it back they'll investigate. Basically back at square one!

I  have found that if you hold the controllers out in front of you it loses tracking less often. I shouldn't have to find a bodge to make things playable.

It pains me that another WORKING Oculus is coming out. They can make it work, why can't you HTC?

22 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Have you tried the latest beta? Subjectivity it appears to be much more stable & tracking is more accurate.

If you have a particular tracking issue (when trying the beta) please try to replicate and submit an issue report (through the Vive Console) and then post here with the trace number and tag @C.T.

Things do seem to be improving slowly!

I'm already helping C.T. our where I can with logs, thought just had to reinstall everything so not had much of a chance last few weeks........

Latest beta is better for aiming, but in faster games like beatsaber, tracking problems are still quite evident.

22 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Have you tried the latest beta? Subjectivity it appears to be much more stable & tracking is more accurate.

If you have a particular tracking issue (when trying the beta) please try to replicate and submit an issue report (through the Vive Console) and then post here with the trace number and tag @C.T.

Things do seem to be improving slowly!

Meant to say C.T. has been helpful and at least communicates with us. He's an asset to HTC.