error 001 after update

GraySay

Every time I try to install the helmet driver(original cosmos), I get error 001 about 45% of the installation progress. spacer.png
None of the solutions to this problem worked. For the first time it started when I switched to version 1.0.12.10 beta, everything worked fine, but I couldn't switch back to the regular version, before all the updates went through without problems. Now beta 1.0.13.0 is out and the problem remains! I tried to reinstall the software and steamvr as well, forbid windows to turn off the power of usb 3.0. to save power. Also, if after error 001 appears, restart the communication module, error 008 appears.
spacer.png
System configuration:
MSI B450M motherboard
AMD ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1660ti
16gb RAM
Windows 10

maybe someone already had a similar problem? I already submit an issue report

Please try the following step to see if it can be recovered. 

1. Restart computer and Cosmos.
  2. Launch Vive Console to see if issue is still happened.
  3. If error 008 is still happened, don’t click on any button on Vive Console.
  4. Start Device Manager from Windows.
  5. Find the corrupted device driver from Device Manager. It may show like below but it is with the exclamation mark.
    image.png.92a8e694693a28583f815b877ab1e6bb.png
  6. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Check the checkbox for deleting the driver of the device and follow the instructions.
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Launch Vive Console and software update should be executed.

After software download is done, the device driver should be installed again.

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

Please try the following step to see if it can be recovered. 

1. Restart computer and Cosmos.
  2. Launch Vive Console to see if issue is still happened.
  3. If error 008 is still happened, don’t click on any button on Vive Console.
  4. Start Device Manager from Windows.
  5. Find the corrupted device driver from Device Manager. It may show like below but it is with the exclamation mark.
    image.png.92a8e694693a28583f815b877ab1e6bb.png
  6. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Check the checkbox for deleting the driver of the device and follow the instructions.
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Launch Vive Console and software update should be executed.

After software download is done, the device driver should be installed again.

unfortunately, this did not help, the errors are repeated and the "my htc" driver disappeared from Device Manager after deletion

15 hours ago, C.T. said:

@GraySay

Загрузили компьютер и открыли консоль VIVE, чтобы снова запустить обновление программного обеспечения?

Если проблема все еще не устранена, не могли бы вы отправить мне еще один отчет о проблеме?

Спасибо 

Да, я перезагрузил компьютер, и началось обновление, оно скачало 48 мб, но не помогло, отправил еще один отчет о проблеме, тикет: 50211135, trace: 20200910191718

"Я получил сообщение от службы поддержки, в котором повторяются решения этой проблемы, которые уже описаны на сайте HTC VIVE, хотя я сказал, что они мне не помогли.
 Еще хочу добавить, что если после ошибки 001 перезапустить коммуникационный модуль, то шлем запускается и появляется окошко с надписью FIRMWARE UPDATE, если его игнорировать, шлем работает и можно даже запускать игры (я пишу тикет пока шлем находится в этом состоянии, так что отчет может содержать необходимые данные), но если я начну обновление, то оно начнется с 54%, а когда достигнет 60%, то появится ошибка 008, как я уже описывал ранее одни, удаление драйвера устройства «Мой HTC» и полная очистка реестра от всех упоминаний HTC и VIVE мне тоже не помогли, хочу в будущем попробовать запустить шлем на другом ПК, пока нет возможности »

Automated translation:
Yes, I rebooted my computer and the update started, it downloaded 48 MB, but it didn’t help, I sent another problem report, ticket: 50211135, trace: 20200910191718

"I received a support message that repeated the solutions for this problem that are already described on the HTC VIVE site, although I said they did not help me.
I also want to add that if, after error 001, restart the communication module, the helmet starts up and a window appears with the inscription FIRMWARE UPDATE, if you ignore it, the helmet works and you can even start games (I am writing a ticket while the helmet is in this state, so the report can contain the necessary data), but if I start the update, it will start from 54%, and when it reaches 60%, then error 008 will appear, as I described earlier alone, removing the device driver "My HTC" and completely cleaning the registry from all references HTC and VIVE didn't help me either, I want to try to launch the helmet on another PC in the future, there is no way yet "

@GraySay

Regarding to the PC driver issue, team would like you to perform the troubleshooting steps on the same PC again, and screen capture the device manager for us to check if you are still stuck the same error code. 

Side Notes, be sure to reboot PC and Cosmos after delete the driver in device manager

Thanks

9 hours ago, C.T. said:

@GraySay

Что касается проблемы с драйвером для ПК, команда хотела бы, чтобы вы снова выполнили действия по устранению неполадок на том же ПК и сделали снимок экрана диспетчера устройств, чтобы мы могли проверить, застрял ли вы по-прежнему с тем же кодом ошибки. 

Примечания: обязательно перезагрузите ПК и Cosmos после удаления драйвера в диспетчере устройств.

Спасибо

I repeated all the steps one by one, removed the driver, restarted the computer and the vive console, the update downloaded, launched the helmet and nothing changed, it still writes that the driver is damaged1369443249_3434.thumb.png.a788ce8fb61c78734c955ed782df2663.png

17 hours ago, GraySay said:

I repeated all the steps one by one, removed the driver, restarted the computer and the vive console, the update downloaded, launched the helmet and nothing changed, it still writes that the driver is damaged1369443249_3434.thumb.png.a788ce8fb61c78734c955ed782df2663.png

Can you send me your email via private msg? I'd like to discuss with you if we could remote debug on your PC for you.

Thanks