Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.13.0

C.T.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, deniedbyalstate said:

Update is better but that doesn't say much, especially compared to other VR headsets like valve index or Rift S.  It's a good direction but consumers definitely don't deserver this type of treatment.  Tracking is still terrible with 2 handed rifles for games like Pavlov.  Third party rifle stock companies won't even make a rifle stock for the Cosmos bc the tracking is so bad. 

It is really terrible for a company that can be totally silent and WITHOUT A ROADMAP for FIXING the issue....

It is simply like you bought a new iPhone and then the touchscreen feature never work correctly. You surely deserve a refund to all kind of such case or simply follow what Apple did - Free repair/replacement program for any end user which bought your product. 

• Like 1

ya cuz never know when there is u tube clips of some one playing pavlov with spot on tracking .......oh wait there is already....... and i know but bows the bows don't work .... i am not even using the beta drivers and skyrim works good ..... a little on the dark souls side but       ok  so do we need updates ..... fuck yes but don't talk trash  and de how about an update on release of the drivers its been almost a month.

🥶 bonjour quand arrivent la nouvelle mise a jour pour le tracking s il vous plait sa commencer une faire long c’est abusé
et t il mort le htc vive cosmos 
htc vive cosmos il y a rien pas option c est vide vraiment simple méme pas le hand tracking avec les 6 camerera
sur peut méme pas viser avec un fusil a deux mains pour == 799 euros
je ne touche plus au htc vive cosmos il prend la poussière
je reste sur oculus beaucoup moins chère et beaucoup mieux merci oculus 

Thanks for continuing to update and trying to improve the Cosmos. It feels like the tracking is better, but the problems when you keep you controller above your head feels worse. Could that be something to look into until next Beta? 

Can you know how long htc will continue with cosmos updates before he throws in the towel? It is possible to know a roadmap, at least have a little affection with the users before losing users and trust, the answer is simple.
I am critical but constuctive, it seems to me a mistake not to adequately mention the users they trusted. It would also be good if htc cosmos was compatible in openhmd so you could also see a change in tracking and some implementation in tracking hands.
  • Like 1

The funny thing is, the changelog for this beta doesn't list any tracking updates.

This is a "Tool update" for what appears to be a completely undocumented tool to attempt recalibration of the headset's cameras: ViveEyeOnTheFly.

Go to your Viveport installation directory, then \VIVE\Updater\App\ViveEyeOnTheFly. Run CameraCalibrationTool.exe. If you have a 17 inch display or larger, you can do this calibration thing while holding the camera infront of your display. This is the tool that got updated in this beta release.

I did this tool, and it said it completed calibration successfully.

Unfortunately, I noticed absolutely no tracking improvement after doing it. My biggest issue with tracking still remains: the headset wobble which makes me nauseous.

Tenga en cuenta hace unos días que las cámaras en htc cosmos tienen un problema de frecuencia y cámara en calidad al realizar el passthrough también sensor de luz. Mi pregunta que las cámaras solo alcanzan el rango de 50 a 60 hz? .

Es posible que lo hayas oído antes: forzar el ISO de una fotografía hace que gane más ruido. Tiene sentido: al hacer que el sensor de captura sea más sensible, consebemos reflejar también una mayor cantidad de interferencia. Forzando ISO amplificamos los píxeles del sensor que están recibiendo luz, pero también los que carecen de iluminación. Este efecto es más apreciable a medida que aumentamos el valor de sensibilidad ISO.

Pregunte si veo es un aumento de la "sensibilidad del sensor" no daña los detalles en el seguimiento no se notará que aparecen más signos que faltan detalles.

Otra pregunta si visera "cámaras" funcionaría en mejor en escalas de grises y aumentaría si es posible el 65 o más hz en las cámaras y reducir los valores iso para no tener saltos de iluminación reduciendo así la falta de detalle des ?.

Declaro que no soy un experto en el campo.