Base Station internal fault 02

Cyberwaste

Hey guys. I received a response from the Japanese support team this time. Followed their diagnostic steps and surprise surprise it's still broken. I attached a photo of the box's serial number sticker and the PDF receipt HTC sent me when I ordered it and we'll see where it goes. I appreciate the help. Hoping they'll replace the thing as it's obviously broken.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, right - I see your issue there  - an English speaker in Japan.

Speaking to my Customer Care contacts here, because of the usually high reliability rate of the light houses (they're designed to run continuously for thousands of hours) there's generally a little more due diligence required before an immediate recall is ordered. They do need to follow all the diagnostic steps possible. Fingers crossed, you've provided all they need now.

If for some reason you don't get the recall request soon, drop me a PM with your ticket number(s) and I'll see what I can do.

I am getting an internal error 03 similar situation .. I've done the dog & pony show firmware downgrade .. and it does just hide the problem with a green light... customer service clammed up when i asked how I get this base station fixed .. in the meantime I am shelling out another $140+ for a base station I hope works.. and no path to getting the original one fixed.   Its 1st generation, I expect bugs.. i don't expect the company making $$$$ off me to vanish when I ask them to stand behind their product...

Just an update. I got through to the English speaking staff in Japan and they initally asked me to send only the base station to them but ten minutes later updated the ticket and requested I send everything back. I told them I'd send it in the original box as that's going to be the best protection but they said that it may not be sent back in that, which is odd. 

As soon as I get enough free time I'll pack it all up and send it off. Unfortunately it'll be a big, heavy package, so I'm looking at a bit of a courier charge but at least they're willing to fix whatever the problem is.

Hey  (and ).

There are actually two fault numbers here, which is partially why I wanted to see a screenshot. Fault 03 is one error, but error 10010 is another.

can I check - are you getting these two errors one after the other? From your previous post, I'm a little confused; did you try to update the firmware?

That said, to resolve this, you will need to talk to support. Make sure you mention that you have 'error 10010' as it says on screen - they do have documentation on dealing with that, and if they can't resolve remotely, they should issue a recall for you.

if you have the exact same issue/codes, please go ahead and contact support / customer care. There's a link in my sig which gives global contact details.

Let me know how it goes and feel free to reach out via PM if you have issues.

Rockjaw, thank you for your help! I was contacted by tech support and I sent them the system report and such.. they are having me mail the unit back (on my dime) saying its a bad rotor issue, and they will check it out and let me know if they will fix it for free or give me a quote on how much it will be .. I am fingers crossed that out of the box bad rotors are covered by the warrenty.. if all is good I should have it back in about a month..   in the meantime I've ordered another base station from the online microsoft store, as you can buy one there without the extra $30 s&h charge HTC charges if you get the same thing from them...  hoping this $140 replacement works while I wait for the one I just bought with the system gets fixed....    i am dying to play full 360 without whiteouts... :-)

Just one more update, I'm sending off the Vive in its entirety as requested by the Japanese help staff. 

The reason I wasn't getting any response from HTC when trying to contact support turned out to be Adblock stopping the request being submitted. Just thought I'd let you guys know that.

Archived