Depth Adjustment - Missing?

gussy11111

I can't get as good of a seal on the bottom of the elite as I could with my old vive due to the flip up design and missing depth adjustment. Has the depth adjustment been taken away or am I taking crazy pills? Pretty disappointed so far with the elite.. it seems so far that my old Vive has a better FOV. Any resolution upgrade is kinda lost on me due to the poor seal and lack of depth adjustment. Is there anyone who has the same problem? I feel like I just downgraded my headset.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, gussy11111 said:

I can't get as good of a seal on the bottom of the elite as I could with my old vive due to the flip up design and missing depth adjustment. Has the depth adjustment been taken away or am I taking crazy pills? Pretty disappointed so far with the elite.. it seems so far that my old Vive has a better FOV. Any resolution upgrade is kinda lost on me due to the poor seal and lack of depth adjustment. Is there anyone who has the same problem? I feel like I just downgraded my headset.

Thanks!

I have experienced minimal light leakage but I suggest taking the time to ensure you're putting it on properly. I wasn't at first and that made a difference. Fit the headset plush against your face first and then pull the strap down over your head and tighten. Once I started doing that, I found much less light getting in.

@gussy11111 The Cosmos/Cosmos Elite does not have a "eye relief" mechanism.  As @joellipenta mentioned, it's best with most headsets if you hold the headset firmly against your face in the desired position with one hand while reaching back with the others to adjust the headstrap to hold that position in place. The Cosmos has a "halo" sytle headband - it sits on the upper part of your head and placing it too low will cause the bottom edge to start peeling away.