222 error

For the last month I keep getting a 222 error. Sometimes its 30 seconds after start up and sometimes I can play 5 minutes before it pops up. I used DDU in safe mode and went back to 446.14 driver as I read it caused a 220 error. I  have reinstalled everything including trying the beta program driver nothing fix the problem. It was fine before

I forgot to add it acts just like the 220 error goes off audio cuts out then all comes back including audio then out again and just keeps going on and off every 3 seconds. I have tried  every  usb 3 port I have. I do not have any problems with any of my other usb devices so its not my usb ports

Ok this is stranger then fiction lol. But it worked. I went to device manager uninstalled my 3.0 usb drivers scanned for hardware changes it automatically reinstalled them. But heres the strange part I now get a 009 error connect to usb 3 or higher port in vive console that does not go away. But in the steam console headset found controllers found and base stations working. And games work perfect

11111111111111.jpg

Ok I reinstalled windows again and headset found again. I tried to delete my last post "firmware destroyed headset" But it wont let me.

Ok here we go from the beginning. When I first bought this headset it did not work at all just a sold red light. This was May 29 it said "210 the compositor disconnected ". Then like a week later Vive came out with an update and it worked perfect till like July 7th. Thats when the problem started. It starts up Then after about a minute screen goes black audio goes out 222 error pops up. But it still tracks and audio goes to pc speakers and game still playing on pc screen. Then about 5 seconds after headset and audio come back. Then every 10 seconds or so it repeats this whole cycle of on and off 222 error.

I have tried the last 10 Nvidia drivers none work. My motherboards release date is March 2017. It all so has an AMD chipset. No onboard GPU. Should I move to an AMD graphics card to match up better. Do you think I would need a Bios update on motherboard "That scares me as I lost a motherboard once during a bios update back in 2001"

The Nvidia 760 does not support the Nvidia firmware update I have tried that

PC specs Self Built

Gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 motherboard rev. 1.0

Ryzen 3 3300 4 core CPU

8 gigs ram

Nvidia 760  "I was going to update it but new card never came because of covid. And it worked perfect for beat saber and a few others after that vive update"

750 watt power 

8 tb storage

Edited by roadrunner38b

• 6 months later...

tengo el mismo problema cada 5 minutos se reinicia el visor con el error 222 alguien puede ayudarme? tengo una 2080 ti , un i7 8700k y 32 gb de ram también tengo todos los drivers actualizados 

3 hours ago, e5y said:

tengo el mismo problema cada 5 minutos se reinicia el visor con el error 222 alguien puede ayudarme? tengo una 2080 ti , un i7 8700k y 32 gb de ram también tengo todos los drivers actualizados 

send a log so that I can check for detail?