Getting Red Green and Blue Pixels highlighted on the Left Lense

Flobee

• 2 months later...

How is the first post about this issue 11 months ago with no solution or comment from HTC?

I have bypassed the HDMI to the splitter box with a new HDMI, reseated all connections, restarted the PC.. the problem is not going away or even changing slightly. I am very annoyed, I really wanted to enjoy my purchase but now it is tainted by these RGB pixels, I cannot enjoy it.

• 11 months later...

~ I HAVE FOUND A POSSIBLE SOLUTION!! ~ 

I was using a headset that worked for 2 hours, then suddenly had this happen to it. I was stumped, upset, and MILDLY ANGRY..., but I kept trying.. and low and behold!! 

I went to:

Device Manager --> Ports (COM & LPT) --> Communications Port (COM1) AND THERE WAS AN UPDATE FOR IT. I updated it, crossed my fingers, and BAM IT WORKED!! Still waiting a day or two to make sure it's permanent, but hope this helps you too!! :))

- Lizzy

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2022 at 4:32 AM, LizzleWaffle said:

~ I HAVE FOUND A POSSIBLE SOLUTION!! ~ 

I was using a headset that worked for 2 hours, then suddenly had this happen to it. I was stumped, upset, and MILDLY ANGRY..., but I kept trying.. and low and behold!! 

I went to:

Device Manager --> Ports (COM & LPT) --> Communications Port (COM1) AND THERE WAS AN UPDATE FOR IT. I updated it, crossed my fingers, and BAM IT WORKED!! Still waiting a day or two to make sure it's permanent, but hope this helps you too!! :))

- Lizzy

This doesn't work

I'm having the same problem with my OG HTC Vive. And the weird thing is, my problem usually gone away after playing for a while. But it still randomly shows up, especially when the first time turning on the headset.

Have someone found possible fix for this?

I'm using wireless adapter 100% of the time. I have tried changing the cable from the HMD to the Wireless adapter but the problem still exist randomly

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 11:06 PM, JoyTDK said:

This doesn't work

I'm having the same problem with my OG HTC Vive. And the weird thing is, my problem usually gone away after playing for a while. But it still randomly shows up, especially when the first time turning on the headset.

I'm using wireless adapter 100% of the time. I have tried changing the cable from the HMD to the Wireless adapter but the problem still exist randomly

I FIXED IT 100% with these 3 procedures: 1- Always DETACH IMMEDIATELY the power, usb and micro display port cables from the linkbox after a session and only attach them again when - and only WHEN - you will play a session. My theory is that simply turn off the linkbox is not enough to stop the energy influx that came across the data cables, feeding constantly with energy the linkbox, what can burn the panels. I did a little test and let the cables plugged for 20 minutes after a session and it was enough to burn the panels subtly, but noticeably. If i let this for 1 hour, certainly would gave bad, bad visuals. 2nd procedure: don´t let your lenses "see" any light from your room, even weak led lights. My other theory is that the lenses are like magnifying ones that can concentrate any light and burn the panels, along hours of exposure. I know that because sun light can permanently damage the panels. However, this kind of problem we are talking about is reversible after 1 hour and half of session and is completely gone after 2 hours. Well, my 3rd procedure (and i don´t know if it has a real effect) is to put my hmd in front of an A/C for 30 seconds after a session. After i discovered the 1st and 2nd procedures, i can do sessions of 7 hours and never have had this terrible problem again. I can turn on my hmd without fear in the day after a long session. Try it and post the result here, please. P.s: i use a 5 meter display port cable and usb3 cables, both with repeaters + 1 display port to micro-display port cable. It is an even worst case scenario and after those procedures, it´s ok.

• 7 months later...
On 8/28/2022 at 10:06 AM, JoyTDK said:

This doesn't work

I'm pretty sure I've figured out the problem and at least a few fixes, there wasn't much online that's why I'm posting it here for anyone else.

It's the 3-in-1 cable from headset to linkbox, in a nutshell.

I was even just about to buy a 2nd hand headset here in Indonesia as spare parts thinking it was to do with the lens and heavy humidity in the region.

It seems to be the 3in1 cable, I've already ordered a new one to change over but I managed to solve the problem even after a good 8 hour play session.

I started SteamVR, I checked for blue lines and yes they were still there, with headset cable compartment open I started to wiggle each cable carefully and check for any difference, none, so I unplugged the HDMI cable on the orange side of the linkbox, plugged it back in and I s**t you not they disappeared.

I'm pretty confident a simple change of the 3-in-1 will fix this issue, there's a lot of 3rd party cables out there online so if you're having this issue in 2027, try this.

Ok maybe spoke too soon, the dots are gone but then you stare at a white wall in VR they come up again and stay there.

Also noticed some problems with the audio cable but a wiggle at the front of the headset seems to sort them out.

All I can deduce at this point is that it's a hardware issue and need to replace the screen/OLED.

I'm going to buy another 2nd hand set and hope I get a few years out of it, sucks because I never even got 100 hours on this one.

I'll still try the 3in1 cable when it arrives, but in pretty certain