Will HTC vive Cosmos get Upgrade Kit

Saitura

I was wondering if the HTC Vive Cosmos will ever get an elite kit that wont make it more expensive than just getting the HTC Vive Cosmos Elite already. I already have the Cosmos and don't wanna shell out another 900 bucks when that is the price of an entirely new headset and all. I don't understand the pricing of this stuff at all. 2 Base stations are $134.99 each, both being $269.98...2 controllers are 129.99 each or 259.98 for both and the faceplate is $199.99. IN TOTAL ALL OF THIS IS $729.96. THAT IS MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE COSMOS ORIGINALLY. If you had to spend the extra money on this stuff just to upgrade this way you would be spending a total of $1,429.95.Why  why why is there no upgrade kit. If i had to pay that much just to UPGRADE to the elite I'd rather just get the valve index.

This question has been asked a lot. And you will get no answers for this matter more then " we will contact the sales department about this". And then complete silence. My guess after asked 5 months ago that this will never happen.

Yeah, I asked that question for a few weeks before I gave up. The support staff here is pretty nice and responsive but it's clear that HTC has no interest in supporting customers who were screwed over by the faulty OG Cosmos. The Valve Index wait times are slowly dwindling so I recommend you waitlist for that instead or preorder a HP Reverb G2. Valve Index is a superior headset and the G2 is on track to be great, though, it's also inside-out tracked so it may face similar tracking issues to the Cosmos.

This whole ordeal has personally turned me off of inside-out entirely unless it's an Oculus (which I personally won't have in my home due to it being a Facebook product).

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Personally, I think the way this has been handled by HTC is pretty disgusting. I once owned a HTC Desire phone many years ago, and after not exactly been pleased with the purchase, I vowed never to own a HTC product again. I did however get "hoodwinked" by the allure of the Cosmos and was an early adopter, I actually bought one just a week after release. 
I feel like we have been completely boned by this whole fiasco. 
There should absolutely be an upgrade path offered to original Cosmos owners to the Elite. Sadly, as is evident by HTC's complete lack of response to the many threads on the topic, they clearly don't intend on offering this. So, when I am looking at VR upgrades for this year, I'll be looking at the Index and the Reverb and will likely never buy another HTC product again. 

I ended up buying a Vive Pro full kit with 2.0 base stations/controllers (now with Etsy Gear VR lens mod and Index controllers) and I'm very happy with this.  My OG Cosmos has been back in its box and I doubt that it will ever get used again, even if Vive sent me a free Cosmos Elite faceplate.  I wonder how many of these are actually sold?  Esp. at aud$399, lol!

https://www.vive.com/au/accessory/cosmos-external-tracking-faceplate/