What happened with mobile phone support? (COSMOS)

1 hour ago, zzy said:

Hi @SanityGaming

For general cosmos question, please contact Vive support team. You can click the link above the post.

Wouldn't trust "Vive CONTACT support" for saving ducks... Contacted them a few times, Asked them, Hey when will you be selling the COSMOS and COSMOS ELITE on AMAZON, or providing it to stores to sell like (Argos, Amazon, Overclockers, Scan e.t.c) Apparently none of those are approved retailers by HTC..

Asked for a manager, basically IGNORED ME and just reposted there last response (RUDE AND IGNORANT).. 10/10 on support. HTC clearly sells it on AMAZON (COSMOS) heck there's even a dedicated page for it, heck even a DEVELOPER responded to someone's Question on there.Rather ask and hope someone who deals with the VIVE FORUMS maybe an EMPLOYEE would be best suited for this, because whoever I spoke to, completely made everything I said skim over their heads.

Now I understand the general supports is filled mostly with general desk staff, and people that are limited on Q/A but if they don't know anything, then they shouldn't basically say NOPE..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/HTCVIVE/VIVECOSMOS/page/0D462189-E1AA-4D4C-8FD2-9ABA7CEB3369
^ These types of amazon pages are developed and approved by AMAZON after being in conjunction with the manufacturer 

fafsfsa.png

Edited by SanityGaming

1 hour ago, zzy said:

Hi @SanityGaming

For general cosmos question, please contact Vive support team. You can click the link above the post.

Don't get me wrong though, some VIVE/HTC staff are really useful and nice, but there's a few bad eggs.. and It really puts me off... It seems like the staff, employees, and such on the forums have more knowledge than those who do the email support. (my experience so far)

p.s

I thought I posted this in Vive Cosmos Developer FAQs not in hand tracking, I've got no idea why it's in the hand tracking section. 

I'm still trying to buy a COSMOS ELITE, but I have no idea when it'll be on AMAZON, I wish I could get an answer on this, I really want it on AMAZON(UK)

Edited by SanityGaming

53 minutes ago, VibrantNebula said:

I just bumped someone in the know. As I've said a bunch - COVID makes everything stupid hard and I thought this situation was resolved.

Per the phone thing - an honest answer is that it came down to the various phone OEMs not supporting it. Can't be more specific.

@VibrantNebula Nope it was never resolved, also. Also nor was amazon, that thing died, no idea what happened there.... 3rd week, Been looking left and right, NOTHING

In regards to mobile; 

Ah so that's why it never came to phone? I never seen any official announcement on why it was never released, I was hoping it was coming, one of the main reasons I'm also after it, but meh can't get everything, I thought there would be a faceplate for phone support! Because there's already 3, (Wireless, Basetation, and Augmented) 
Augmented looks really promising and in the future it would be something I plan to save up for!

I don't know why various phone companies wouldn't support, i'd at least expect (Samsung) to support it and (Apple) and (Google) and (asus) and (razer) another thing where HTC leaves everything down to ADMINISTRATORS and forum staff answering questions... because no where has this ever been announced, I just googled "Cosmos phone support cancelled" found nothing!

@zzy And no worries!, You're not to blame! You seem helpful!  It's why I use forums more than Q/A when I see dev's and employees and admins more active e.t.c,  rather speak to people who seem more on the loop than a company itself! (again not all people are bad) but there's always that those few bad eggs! Plus people like you are more active and always helping out on the forums! again I have no idea why or how I posted this in handtracking, (must of been a quick slip and miss)

Edited by SanityGaming
  • Like 1