Major problems with a setup worth 4000€+ ! (Wireless Adapter)

xKrito

So hello !

I got my HTC Vive Pro almost 1 and a half month now. I have the vive pro starter kit with Basestations 1.0

Everything worked at first UNTILL suddenly my vision got red, green and blue pixels floating around. How i solved it= Just straighten out your 3 in 1 cable. This thing curls up so fast.

So that was the first problem. Then I decided to buy the wireless adapter +3 trackers 2.0

Back then I had my old PC with mid range specs. But when I used the wireless adapter my PC was almost dying.

So I bought a COMPLETE NEW ONE for 1.900€  With an Intel i7 9700k OC to 4.9 Ghz, 2x 16 GB of ram and a RTX 2080 SUPER

First of all I still have laggs when I move my head to quick (With this setup yes.....) But yesterday something happened. I once in a while had blue/grey fadouts while playing vrchat and then I had to restart my whole steamvr bc my trackers were suddenly my controllers etc. Then I reconnected my vive and at one point it said my PC didn't recognize something from my vive. Then ingame I noticed that my vive mic was not found. So I disconnected it again and now the green light on the adapter won't light up anymore.

I used this adapter for 1 and half of a week and it is broken now ( I guess? )  Never fell down or anything else. I tried it with 3 different powerbanks and 2 USB-USB cables.  The red light on the left side of my vive pro lights up when I connect the powerbank but nothing is happenening for the wireless adapter. I also tried to press it to pair but no matter what it doesn't turn on.

Has anyone else had this many problems with va htc vive ? And if yes how did you solve it ?

Kind regards

xKrito

Edited by xKrito

Okay first of all, you should have gone with 4x8GB sticks.. not 2x16...  ROOKIE MISTAKE..  

1. How fast is the RAM? what's the ram speed?
  2. Are all the parts new, is the PC new, is it used?
  3. What cooler are you using the for i7 9700K, is the GPU overclocked, is the ram Overclocked..
  4. Have you updated the MOTHERBOARD BIOS? that has to be done MANUALLY via a really not so simple process.. depending on how you wish to do it, it's not done via windows updater...
  5. Have you updated your gpu drivers?
Edited by SanityGaming
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SanityGaming said:

Okay first of all, you should have gone with 4x8GB sticks.. not 2x16...  ROOKIE MISTAKE..  

1. How fast is the RAM? what's the ram speed?
  2. Are all the parts new, is the PC new, is it used?
  3. What cooler are you using the for i7 9700K, is the GPU overclocked, is the ram Overclocked..
  4. Have you updated the MOTHERBOARD BIOS? that has to be done MANUALLY via a really not so simple process.. depending on how you wish to do it, it's not done via windows updater...
  5. Have you updated your gpu drivers?

All drivers are up to date.

ram is a DDR4 I think 3000mhz

GPU 8GB not overclocked

The PC is completely new

And i have the Z 390D motherboard Before I got my PC ( 2 weeks ago) it has been updated....

21 hours ago, Jakey said:

What's wrong with using 2 x 16Gb memory sticks?

It's all down to channels and few other things, speed e.t.c (not really noticeable for most) and depends what you do, 

In general computers today are dual channel. That means in terms of performance two modules is better than one. A single 16 GB stick at the same frequency/latency as two 8 GB sticks may be a little less expensive or no different than a matched pair of 8 GB sticks but you sacrifice dual channel performance.

The same is basically the same as QUAD CHANNEL,   QUAD CHANNEL IS SLIGHTLY FASTER! I personally would rather get the best of best out of a build,  If you're basically a gamer and don't do video editing, zip files e.t.c then none of this matters.

sometimes occasional rookies, still use 1 STICK instead of 2 STICKS, BAD! , 

You want RAM SPEED 2666+ for gaming, and 2 STICKS+ 

Edited by 👑InsaneVRGamer👑
  • Thanks 1