Recent update killed tracking?

So to keep things short, sweet and to the point. This headset has been NOTHING SHORT of a total god damned nightmare. Upon initial purchase. It would not work period, let alone track anything unless the lighting was literally studio quality. Finally, after some time collecting dust and some updates later, it was SOMEWHAT usable. After more time had passed, and updates, it was at least a decent headset, though VASTLY OVER PRICED! 

Now? A recent update completely broke the headset and it's back to being totally unusable yet again. God what I wouldn't give to just get my money back and get a headset that the developers actually gave two-shits about. What a shame. 

On 7/11/2020 at 6:17 AM, ShakySurgeon said:

So to keep things short, sweet and to the point. This headset has been NOTHING SHORT of a total god damned nightmare. Upon initial purchase. It would not work period, let alone track anything unless the lighting was literally studio quality. Finally, after some time collecting dust and some updates later, it was SOMEWHAT usable. After more time had passed, and updates, it was at least a decent headset, though VASTLY OVER PRICED! 

Now? A recent update completely broke the headset and it's back to being totally unusable yet again. God what I wouldn't give to just get my money back and get a headset that the developers actually gave two-shits about. What a shame. 

Don't dream anything on it. I have put my Cosmos into my warehouse and don't make any dream it will work well one day. Once again if HTC is Apple, they should have issued worldwide recall on this faulty product.

• Like 1

It's not the software developers that are to blame necessarily, it's whoever's idea it was to use visible light spectrum to do everything instead of using infrared for the controllers like they should have.

The problem is a hardware problem. There is no way to fix it.. @lam0218 is absolutely right they should have done a recall.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 8:58 AM, llealloo said:

It's not the software developers that are to blame necessarily, it's whoever's idea it was to use visible light spectrum to do everything instead of using infrared for the controllers like they should have.

The problem is a hardware problem. There is no way to fix it.. @lam0218 is absolutely right they should have done a recall.

To be honest it's also my fault for not doing better research on the product. I've heard nothing but good things about this companies' prior products and service, so I went on a bit of faith they'd surely keep going up. I suppose this was a lesson for me as well. Definitely not trusting these people anymore until some serious progress or compensation is made. The price point honestly blows my mind for the quality. Still cannot use the headset BTW, just refuses to track anything, tried pretty much every fix I could look up/improvise.